Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf 1.4 TSI 140 BHP - Opinions?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Remapping, if undisclosed, will also render your insurance voidable.

Goes without saying for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭pete6296

ciarsd wrote: »
    Drive both, get some quotes, do the sums. Everyone is unique in their needs/wants.

I'm guessing you can, although you will be botching the original one as it probably needs to be cut, and a twin pipe back box welded in? Definitely not worth doing for the sake of an additional pipe for the 'look'. The fact that you've posted this has probably answered your first question - if the car is more for the way it looks then get the 140 :)

Nope, but it will void your warranty.

In relation to the exhaust, i have a 140bhp tsi and it has a twin exhaust but bumper is standard. If bumper could be modified and extension onto twin exhaust (if possible) would do the trick. Would be really interested to see if anyone has modified 140bhp version so you can see exhaust

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Surely if you got the bottom bit off the gt 170 and the oem gt 170 exhaust thats job done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John@DNA

Hi, I came across this thread while searching on something unrelated but feel due to answer a few things in this thread regarding remapping.

Firstly don't believe everything you read in marketing on some tuners websites, the "undetectable" claim is false. Any change to the software on a car will be detectable, the file runs internal checksum routines, these will be corrected by the tuner however the entire CRC of the file changes and this is an obvious sign. Then you have tuners that claim they stop the dealer looking, ok you stop the dealer looking they think there's a fault with the ecu cause it can't be read, it goes back to the manufacturer who CAN read it.

With insurance any power gain changes the car beyond it's original specification to what it is insured originally. Also with warranty only if it is proved the software is at fault will areas of warranty be void.

I write tuning software for many companies including my own so know all the things said in this industry. Marketing is a very misleading thing and this area clearly needs some regulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John@DNA

Oh also to add on the undetectability, on a turbo car all the dealer needs to do is log requested/actual boost on the VAS diagnostic machine while driving and it's very clear there is a change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement