Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Required

Options
  • 04-05-2007 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Lads,

I'm looking for a scope with in or around 18x magnification and an objective of nothing more than 30mm, do any of you know if this is possible? My current scope has an objective of 42mm which I'm finding is too big as i only shoot targets..
    Any feedback is much appreciated.
    Alan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Too big how? .......you'll do well to find anything over 10x on a 30mm objective scope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AlanB.

Well I normally shoot prone and I'm finding that my field of view thru the scope is not always 100%, I think this is caused by my head being tilted too far forward sometimes and I thought if I had a scope with a smaller objective this would help... Would that make sense?

Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

No its possible from what you describe that your not getting the whole sight picture in that case your scope is mounted to far foward/back.

If its really a problem some manafacturers do wide angle scopes but if your looking through it properly and keep the magnification down but it shouldnt be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 AlanB.

Thanks for the feedback psittacosis, I think I need to take a look at my position.
    Alan.

Advertisement