Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this pizza oven worth getting?

• 04-05-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

I see it can reach very high cooking temps,much higher than my conventional oven and was wondering if anyone has one or knows if it's any better than just cooking the pizza in a regular oven.

Pizza Oven.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

A true pizza ovens are wood fired and cooks with conduction of the pizza on the ovens base, but most commercial pizza and ordinary domestic ovens cook by convection i.e. the hast of the air cooks the pizza.

I am not a fan of those gadgets, they still have a heating element on the bottom to heat the base and one on top to melt the cheese.

You can replicate the same by getting your self a pizza stone from any good kitchen shop in Dublin, stock is on that cone to mind and cost around 16-20 euro.

Hope this is of some help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

yeah a pizza stone is meant to be good. That yoke looks like another gimmicky gadget that will end up unused & taking up space in a press.

Money is better spent on decent ingredients!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I have to say that this oven is not so bad. I've never used it before but I know some friends of mine who got good results form that oven.

The problem with pizza is the high temperature, you get around 400C in the traditional stone oven heated with wood; so if you want to have the same results you should reach an high temperature in a short time, so that tool isn't that bad.

What I usually do, and seems to work, is pre-heating the pan and put the pizza on hit, after that you should put this pan on the shelf nearer to the heating element of the oven, and the pizza should cook in 5 minutes.

Be careful, the dough has to be stretched just with hands and has to be very slim, or you will get a bad result.

Anyway, you can get other good results if you try the usual way of cooking (in the middle of the oven) with a 'normal' dough (talking of height); in this case you need 15/20 mins.

Just try =)

Hope this helps.

Advertisement