Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB modem and 3

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conj

Hi Folks,
    Today at 1.20pm, I went into the three store on grafton street and spoke with the senior sales person who advised that this modem would not be in or on sale until Monday Morning. She could not give me a price and knew very little about theis modem, (a bit disapointing really for customer service). Also she argued that the most recent modem with a cap of 3 gig will not and can not be migrated because this is a different contract and said that this would only have happend if the modem was returned before 20 days. This has to be trash, surely to god someone who has purchased the modem with a 3 gig cap and paying a crazy price will not have to see out the 12 month when now in store there is a much better modem for less of a price with a cap 3 times the size. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

conj wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    Today at 1.20pm, I went into the three store on grafton street and spoke with the senior sales person who advised that this modem would not be in or on sale until Monday Morning. She could not give me a price and knew very little about theis modem, (a bit disapointing really for customer service). Also she argued that the most recent modem with a cap of 3 gig will not and can not be migrated because this is a different contract and said that this would only have happend if the modem was returned before 20 days. This has to be trash, surely to god someone who has purchased the modem with a 3 gig cap and paying a crazy price will not have to see out the 12 month when now in store there is a much better modem for less of a price with a cap 3 times the size. :eek:

Has to be: I have official 3 instructions for staff detailing the exact contrary. I'm heading for Dublin now, hope to call into Grafton Street before 1900.

It's officlal: they are barking mad.

Now delayed to Monday owing to "system issues with recognising their codes".

This is the message waiting for me when I arrived home 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote:
    It's officlal: they are barking mad.

Now delayed to Monday owing to "system issues with recognising their codes".

This is the message waiting for me when I arrived home 5 minutes ago.
    i'll bring you back some nice red mars rocks :D

That’s great news pal.
    Do you mind me asking where you got your information from, (head office etc ?) Because I left the office raging because I knew this woman had not a clue and she would not recognise that her information may be incorrect and this was not a mobile phone we were talking about. If you can give me more info, I intend going back to that shop and speaking to this woman and asking her why she mislead a potential customer without at least calling head office and checking it out. Maybe she was too proud to admit she was ignorant on the whole issue.

• Advertisement

i'll bring you back some nice red mars rocks :D

Yer man's already in Florida grooming himself for takeoff.

conj wrote:
    That’s great news pal.
    Do you mind me asking where you got your information from, (head office etc ?) Because I left the office raging because I knew this woman had not a clue and she would not recognise that her information may be incorrect and this was not a mobile phone we were talking about. If you can give me more info, I intend going back to that shop and speaking to this woman and asking her why she mislead a potential customer without at least calling head office and checking it out. Maybe she was too proud to admit she was ignorant on the whole issue.

She has instructions on her system pertaining to the new modem; they have had them for over three weeks. Plainly states that existing customers (datacard) may migrate to the new tariff -changeover happens on next bill cycle. It was unequivocal about this.

culabula wrote:
    She has instructions on her system pertaining to the new modem; they have had them for over three weeks. Plainly states that existing customers (datacard) may migrate to the new tariff -changeover happens on next bill cycle. It was unequivocal about this.
    they really should tell their staff that because i asked this very question and was told that customers can't migrate. but then they wouldn't be the 3 we all know and love :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

lads

i can tell you its pissing hot here, high 100's.

no sign of any humanoids and no, my motorola doesnt work here........

i will be back home in time for the new usb modem.

sincerely,

legs11.

legs11 wrote:
    lads

i can tell you its pissing hot here, high 100's.

no sign of any humanoids and no, my motorola doesnt work here........

i will be back home in time for the new usb modem.

sincerely,

legs11.
    say hi to the martians for me

and i see that 3 got a roaming agreement with mars before america :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

i am roaming from the global sirius 2 satellite now, boy does it cost,

my 1,500e bill will look cheap when i return home.:rolleyes:

legs11 wrote:
    i am roaming from the global sirius 2 satellite now, boy does it cost,

my 1,500e bill will look cheap when i return home.:rolleyes:

You're on Mars? Cool, I was in Eden.

thanks for the info guys, iam going back to grafton street on lunch and gona tell her how it works ha. will keep yous posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

was in the 3 store in limerick at lunch time - I was told I'll be able to buy it Monday and the pricing is €129 for the modem and €20 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

Someone mentioned earlier on in the tread that 3 would be droppin the credit check for this...any confirmation??
    Would be really handy if they did. Been havin a lot of trouble with the cc reps in india not recognisin country addresses and then whackin on a big deposit.

Tony_ire wrote:
    Someone mentioned earlier on in the tread that 3 would be droppin the credit check for this...any confirmation??
    Would be really handy if they did. Been havin a lot of trouble with the cc reps in india not recognisin country addresses and then whackin on a big deposit.

That would be me, they told me that to my face.

Incidentally, the modem IS in, it arrived yesterday as predicted, they just cannot sell it because of some system codes system on their coding system which is preventing them from selling it. It's like a sort of system code thing like and you need to input this code into the system before they can sell it .

Like.

Anyway, all things being equal it will now be on sale at 09:00 Monday morning. Existing subs CAN migrate to the new tariff (but not necessarily to the new modem).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I wonder will they also be updating their online store on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Using a W850i to connect on 3 right in central Dublin (College Green Area)

Download speed: 218kbps
    Upload speed: 50.8kbps

Not what I'd call 'broadband' by any means.

It gives functional web browsing but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The W850i only supports a maximum speed of 384kbps, whereas the modem will be able to support 3.6 Mbps.

I wonder will they also be updating their online store on Monday?

Now THAT is a bet I wouldn't take.....

• Advertisement

Solair wrote:
    Using a W850i to connect on 3 right in central Dublin (College Green Area)

Download speed: 218kbps
    Upload speed: 50.8kbps

Not what I'd call 'broadband' by any means.

It gives functional web browsing but that's about it.

Normal enough: N95 gives me between 1-2mbps in the same area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Maximum €50 on new 3 modem credit check not gone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Walkman wrote:
    Sorry ment to say Maximum €50 deposit on new 3 ......

Walkman wrote:

So they are still speaking with forked tongues?

"3 Lie Home"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

so has anyone found out if it is on sale?

so has anyone found out if it is on sale?
    http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/datacards_e220.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

maybe its too early in the morning for me but the prices dont make sense - have they mixed up things - 3gig allowance dearer than 10gig allowance but datacard cheaper?

edit: oh , is it that voice is allowed on the 3gig package?

Advertisement