Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally, something about UCD to hate more than Admin

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Sangre wrote:
    Actually to be pedantic its just theft, the term 'larceny' doesn't exist any more in legal terms;

'(1) Subject to section 5, a person is guilty of theft if he or she dishonestly appropriates property without the consent of its owner and with the intention of depriving its owner of it.'

I bow to my learned friend....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Tá Mé Gaeilge

ywah what is with theft in UCD these days? I had my bag containing laptop and all my notes robbed from quinn school 2 weeks ago. My bike was also robbed last year on my 2nd day of college!

Is it students or are people coming onto campus. Ive heard of so many other thefts like mine and its really ruined the end of the year for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

There's a guy in engineering who had his bag nicked on Friday which had ALL his final year notes in. I couldn't think of anything more depressing

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i hope his poster investment pays off - do u know what sort of engineering he was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It seems to happen every year that some guys bag with all his notes gets lost or stolen. Happened a guy i was in Arch Soc with in first year, bag went awol in the student bar last day of term with all his notes in it. Amazingly he actually did managed to get it back after a fairly convincing postering campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

That's great he got his bag back. I saw those posters around alright. Though I wonder if the girl mentioned in the Observer got her essays back? Her case was an absolute nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Got a phonecall from Newman services today to say my wallet was handed in- it was without cash and necklace and the wallet itself is unusable as it appears someone took a bite out of it?! However, glad to have driver's licence and student card back at least. Other cards already cancelled but what can ya do. 'Small' amount of faith in this place restored though am even more convinced that it was a student because it was the most comprehensive robbery ever, I had three Emos cards, only one of which had any credit, and they took the time to check all 3 and take the one with credit. I'm really not sure if I shouldn't in some way be impressed by that.

As an aside, yes, crime in UCD does appear to be a problem, when i reported the stealage at the garda station they told me they get rather a few reports from Belfield.

Advertisement