Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to England for the summer

• 04-05-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38

hey guys,
    as the title would suggest im moving to england for the summer. i was just wondering what sort of information do i need to bring over with me? social security number, cvs, some type of form from my bank? and the like.,
    just wanna be well prepared.
    thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

If you're planning on working you might have some difficulty opening a bank account. Proving your new English address might be tricky so if you can get a utility bill to that address it would be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

do you need a permanent residence to get a job?

was considering heading over to london, stay in a hostel, see if I could get a job if I couldn't I'd just head home. I reckon it would be a good laugh for the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

hi
    you need to go to the job centre to apply for a social security no.
    You can use the fones there to call whatever office you need to. It will take many weeks to get the no, in the meantime they will give you a temp one. When they give you a proper SS no. you have to go for interview with your passport, proof of address and I think a wage slip or letter from agency to say you are working. I had to go to another town to get my no!
    I was there for a summer and I didnt open a bank account - I was going to but I got paid by cash so didnt need to.
    All I did was bring my CV round to all the agencies.
    Good luck :)

Advertisement