Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms in Sligo

Options
  • 04-05-2007 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

What gyms are there, apart from the sports complex? Anyone know what prices are like, quality, stuff like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

There are gyms in the hotels:
    Clarion, Riverside (Or it was a hotel think its just a gym now called Spirit), Sligo Park, Radisson and the Yeats.
    I think the Riverside is the next cheapest after the Sport complex, although I wasn't impressed with their pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Riverside is closed this last 12 months.

I am a member of the Sligo Park with the missus. Worked out about a grand for the year in total.

The problem I had with the Sports Complex was that it was restrictive in terms of opening times.

Mon, Wed, Fri - 7am. Tue, Thur - 9am.

I go to the park at 7 (nearly every morning). Find it very good. Full use of Gym and Pool for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'm just looking for weightlifting space, so ideally somwhere with a power rack a good few olympic bars and some space to move about. It'll be a three month thing. Whats the sports complex like for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The Riverside is closed but their gym is still open its now called Spirit. I saw an ad in the Weekender for it the other week.
    You can use the Yeats for 10 euro a visit so you don't have to be a member but it would work out expensive if you went a few times a week.

Hoping to go three or four times a week so yeah that wouldn't really be great. Its not a big deal just yet I won't be home for another month almost, I just want some background information before I go into town and have a look at each place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Sorry Magnumlady. Didn't know that.

You can join the Complex for a month at a time. Think its about €40 which isn't bad. Just call up there and have a look for yourself.

The Park is grand but a bit tight for space!
    There is also a Gym in the IT if that's any good to you?

I think I've seen the IT gym on an open day, was a bit too pokey for my liking. €40 a month is very decent I shall definitely check out the complex then. Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think I've seen the IT gym on an open day, was a bit too pokey for my liking. €40 a month is very decent I shall definitely check out the complex then. Thanks for the info.

When did you see it? They have done it up recently. If it was a small room with a few pieces of equipment then I'd say it was the old one. I haven't seen what it's like since they done it up but I heard it's very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

When did you see it? They have done it up recently. If it was a small room with a few pieces of equipment then I'd say it was the old one. I haven't seen what it's like since they done it up but I heard it's very good.

Oh did u recently go to IT. Sligo? I did recently aswell. Maybe it's possible I've met you already?!

My friend went to the gym there once or twice, he said it was alright wouldn't go again, but maybe it's better now it's been done up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Madge wrote:
    Oh did u recently go to IT. Sligo? I did recently aswell. Maybe it's possible I've met you already?!

My friend went to the gym there once or twice, he said it was alright wouldn't go again, but maybe it's better now it's been done up

Yeah just finished my third year of software development. Well before it was in some crummy room in the aula but now it's got it's own building as far as I know. Any one got any details on the new gym?

• Advertisement

aye it was years ago. Might pop in then over the summer to see if I can join, if its suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

this is great i was just lookin for this.. the sports complex is v cheap its still the same as it was when i was in t.y. i thought it wouldve gone up from four years ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ainekav wrote: »
    this is great i was just lookin for this.. the sports complex is v cheap its still the same as it was when i was in t.y. i thought it wouldve gone up from four years ago..
    You do realise that this thread is over a year old?

There is another identical but more recent thread over in the Sligo forum so I will move this and the mods there can decide if they wish to merge it or fire it back again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ainekav if you want to have a look at the more recent thread you can visit it here. :)

I'm locking this thread as we don't need 2 threads with the same topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement