Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see "Lie of the land" on CH4 last night?

Options
  • 04-05-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Sky+'d it & watched it late last night.

Very good IMO & well worth a watch if it's repeated on More 4 etc. It may even be available on their OD service (web).

So, anyone see it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

What was it about?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Farming/countryside issues in the UK, hunting with hounds, shooting foxes, catching rats, pheasant rearing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Yea i saw it, its a good program and interesting too. You see the bit where they were killing the rats with terriers, driving them out with the exhaust fumes of the chainsaw. Rats, i hate them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

yup I saw it, very good points made.

Generally highlights how dumb and mispalced some of the anti shooting/hunting protesting is.

Yes get fox hunting banned but leave game shooting alone, it doesn't matter that hundreds upon hundreds of game birds are just bred to be shot at driven shoots etc. The fox is so clever and cute :rolleyes:

And then no body bats an eye lid at farming where animals end up in the exact same situation.

Anti hunt protestors make me sick

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I really wish I could watch this programme....

I agree with you Vegeta.... the plight of dogs and cats and some farm animals (pigs and poultry) can be horrible in this country, but somehow people get wound up about the foxes, who have a great time!

Here's me... blurry...
    DSCF0470.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Too right! i totally agree. People who think fox is cute and clever and what not are entitled to their opinion, but I wonder would they think a fox ravaging yong lambs and killing chickens and other animals is "cute". People with these opinions have no idea what so ever of what actually goes on. Fare enough a fox is a nice animal but its vermin thats it, same as a rat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

very interesting program, saw most of . i was suprised that he mentioned that the 243 was the caliber of choice by most fox hunters in england, its used for deer here, must have very big foxs in england. it showed a fox with its chest torn out. it wouldn't be my choice as fox round

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

dfaf wrote:
    very interesting program, saw most of . i was suprised that he mentioned that the 243 was the caliber of choice by most fox hunters in england, its used for deer here, must have very big foxs in england. it showed a fox with its chest torn out. it wouldn't be my choice as fox round

Anyone please feel free to correct me on this if I'm wrong but I understand that the minimum recomended cal for fox in Great Britain is .22/250?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Yes get fox hunting banned but leave game shooting alone, it doesn't matter that hundreds upon hundreds of game birds are just bred to be shot at driven shoots etc. The fox is so clever and cute :rolleyes:

Hmmm,better check out the Leauge Against Cruel Sports website,and the hunt Sabs.They have campains aimed at shooting, and the sabs have a whole chapter in their handbook on sabbing driven shoots,release pens etc ,etc.
    DONT THINK FOR ONE MOMENT that shooters are exempt from this bunch of Nature Nazis:mad: It just suits them to keep it relatively sthum at the moment.What would they do if hunting was totally banned?Hang up their placards,balaclavas and baseball bats?

Anti hunt protestors make me sick
    Any group that has to resort to violent means to change a way of life ,a govt,a religion,or force their opinions upon another group,is my book a terrorist organisation and should be treated as such.
    Animal libbers fit that bill.:mad:

Advertisement