Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My AirisT920A says "out of memory" when given far way destinations

• 04-05-2007 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi,

We drove to Cork and Kerry last weekend and let our GPS guide the way. We observed that, when we set far away destinations; for ex Dublin to Cork city, it came back saying "an error has occured: system out of memory". So, we eventually had to lookup our driving maps and give intermediate destinations.

Has anybody faced this problem? How can I tackle this problem?

Thanks,
    TheHegdes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Basically this seems to happen when you choose avoid tolls or motorways. Its mentioned more than once in this lengthy thread here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054986177

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Is your map file corrupt?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thehegdes

JHMEG wrote:
    Is your map file corrupt?

Hmm... atleast I do not think the map file is corrupt. What I mean to say is - if I say navigate from Cork to Dublin, the GPS errors; but, if I say Cork to Limerick; Limerick to Port Laoise; Post Laoise to Dublin - it works just fine

Btw, I have a provisional licence - so, I have 'Avoid Motorways = YES'. Based on the thread pointed out in the previous post, I am inclined to believe that's the culprit...

But then, can you please tell me how I figure out if my map file is corrupt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Re-install your map file and see is it any different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I get the same thing, it's not your map being corrupt.
    Also on a provisional and can't really use the avoid motorway feature because of this. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement