Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jaysus our Eurovision entry is shiite

• 04-05-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭

I'm listening to some aul wan wailing on the late late , but can't make out a word, sounds like she lost all her teeth.

Null point!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

Yeah. utter shiite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I think it's quite possibly the best song I've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I think it's quite possibly the best song I've ever heard.

Hiya, John W.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You must'nt have heard many so !!! Utter Rubbish. She sounds lie a Traveller Singer of the fifties named Margaret Barry. A cross between a moan and a wail IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

It's bad tbh. Null points or less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlGREikBRA

I didnt see the contest but it's hard to believe that that was the best on offer.

The final words on the clip says it all really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Heard it tonight and thought it was ****e also. What made me laugh though is when the singer said they worked on it for months lol. It is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,420 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

John Waters is the new Bob Dylan.

"the curtain has been raised"

Iron curtain. Geddit?

****ing genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Awful.. I'm not a big fan of diddley-ey style music anyway, but this sounds more like a party political broadcast for the EU (at the start anyway) than the Irish entry to a (already iffy) song contest.

LOL.. love the last few words on the clip too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Kaiser2000 wrote:

LOL.. love the last few words on the clip too! :D

Ditto! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

I think it comes down to the fact that RTE do not want to win thus have a crap entry and score nada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

God, that "song" is rubbish. Well, at least we wont have a chance of winning the competition this year. It would be ironic if we done well this year with a song like that - it would definatly show up the whole operation as a complete joke.

Like Father Ted said "anyone would think you'd want Ireland to loose the Eurovision" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agreed.. it's a terrible song. And from reading our local papers, the Sligo people are really getting behind Dervish winning it. I have more realistic expectations however! :rolleyes:

Though, it's not all bad. The UK's entry with Steps v2.0 is even worse:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sweet mother of God. How does song selection work in the UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The day the Irish public get some cop on and stop sending these dreary ****ing "ballads" and traditional Irish tunes to the eurovision, is the day we might be in with a chance. The Eurovision is not going to be won by some wailing whore and her trad band, its all about weird acts these days. Just look at Lordi.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Brutal singer - More like whining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Guys, this is the Eurovision standard. It's not all that bad to be honest. What are you expecting? Something good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Guys, this is the Eurovision standard. It's not all that bad to be honest. What are you expecting? Something good?

The tune sounded OK (to me) and maybe the song was good too (if I could make out any of the words :D ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ROFL - wtf was that person on when he created that all to literal crap mock "video" for the UK song...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I dunno it seems to be the year of seriously crap entries, if you start comparing the Irish entry to some of the others it doesn't look half as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Views: 64,456 Comments: 367, its a winnah! (okay 350 of the comments were of the OMG teh crappiest song evarrrr! variety).

Frank McNamara PD candidate and music critic, he'll be more succesful in the latter guise I supect. :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement