Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xps mem quesiton.....

Options
  • 05-05-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

lads

will this work on my xps m1710

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?QuickLinx=4B1B

i ordered that a while ago, but because its so cheap im not sure if it will work,

dont want to fry my machine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

yeah it should work fine if its a desktop

if you have a laptop you need special laptop memory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

its a laptop:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

obviously, its a laptop.
    so will the ram do or not ?

im not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

papu wrote:
    if you have a laptop you need special laptop memory

uhm.. how can you read that and still say
    so will the ram do or not ?

im not 100% sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

They are SODIMM which is for laptops so they should do you fine. just google your machine for spec to make sure they take pc5300, they probably do. only problem is it will most likely void your dell warrenty. Also you should check to see how many ram slots you have. Laptops in general only have one or two so these new sticks will be replacing your old one not adding to them. only mentioning it just in case you didnt know that already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

guys, i only asked for advice. some of you dont seem to know much??

so-dimm = laptop memory,

m1710= laptop, so duh.

i was just wondering if a dell xps needs specific memory or not?

looks like i will just have to wait and see, its usually expensive to get ram upgrades for this machine/

last poster, i figured as much, i got 2 slots which take up to 2gig ram a pop, and the ram installed is 5300, the latency is 4 for what i got installed, the ones i ordered are 5, but dont think that makes much of a difference,

not worred about the warranty, dont expect the laptop to blow up anytime soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

so-dimm = laptop memory,

m1710= laptop, so duh.

im sorry im not an "xps" laptop expert i dont waste my time memorizing off product numbers

ever heard of a thing called google?? you could have used it instead of making this thread and insulting people who are tying to help you

just casue u bought a xps u think u need special "xps" memory? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

legs11 wrote:

so-dimm = laptop memory,

m1710= laptop, so duh.

looks like i will just have to wait and see, its usually expensive to get ram upgrades for this machine/

last poster, i figured as much, i got 2 slots which take up to 2gig ram a pop, and the ram installed is 5300, the latency is 4 for what i got installed, the ones i ordered are 5, but dont think that makes much of a difference,

not worred about the warranty, dont expect the laptop to blow up anytime soon...

use google my friend.

Advertisement