Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are Eircom's charges for exceeding download limit?

Options
  • 05-05-2007 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is per GB?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well its 3c or 3.5c per MB^ so muliply that by 1024 and thats your answer,

Nobody has been charged yet though!

*as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Anyone ever been charged? (not your friends uncles 2nd cousin)

No......?

ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Never knew they didnt charge, only ever gone waay over it once :rolleyes:

Thans for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

#Elites wrote:
    i've gone over a few times and never been charged.

if my calculations are right...thats 30€ a gb? :eek:

O2 charge 500 euro per MB :P

O2 charge 500 euro per MB :P

I know you're joking but I dont get the context :confused:

For those that have gone over and not been charged, over by how much? I know i went over by 3.5-4GB ages back, but at what point I wonder would they draw the line?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

quick question - i joined eircom broadband on the 18th of april. when i check my usage stats it says i used 12 gb from the 18th of april - to the 30th of april. It now says i have used about 2gb for the first 5 days of may.
    My question is, how do eircom measure your 20gb download limit. It is done on a monthly calender basis i.e may, june etc or is it done in my case from the 18th of apil to the 18th of may and so on?

It's measured per calendar month, as far as I know. April will be the only excption for you because you joined halfway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SisterCheeba

Cabaal wrote:
    Well its 3c or 3.5c per MB^ so muliply that by 1024 and thats your answer

All info I can find on eircom's official sites point to this actually being 1c(inc vat) per meg as of some time ago. So even if they did start enforcing it, it's not quite as grim as 3/3.5c, which would doubtless have given some of us some truly staggering bills if they brought it in.

And that thread title nearly gave me a bloody episode :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Me too. I checked my stats during the week and they were way out of date so I didn't have a clue what way the stats were. This morning when I checked, I'd gone way over my limit :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Sorry to borrow the topic a little but does anyone have any experiences of breaking BT irelands download limit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sorry to borrow the topic a little but does anyone have any experiences of breaking BT irelands download limit?

Yeah I have a 10gb cap and I usually always go over it. I think the most I went over it was 25/26gb and they never charged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Just to remind ye!

Gombín told us what the story was in this post here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2488696&postcount=18

I recall a poster last year who got a nasty shock from eircom. IIRC his wireless was insecure and a spam zombie may also have been involved. So he was charged.

eircom are quite within their rights to charge those who take the piss and Gombín told clearly us they have done so on occasion . Gombín is always right all the time ...as those of you who remember his many contributions will recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

How can I check my usage with Eircom, please?

Sorry, I found it in the Stickies (where I should have looked first)

Advertisement