Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End Of Year Fest '07

Options
  • 05-05-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

What did everyone think of the massive piss-up on the football fields outside the forum for the last day? I thought it was a brilliant afternoon/night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Best day in UCD ever! Pity its my last one too!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Missed it completely. Maybe Ents can do SOMETHING right though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I dont think what happened yesterday was anyones doing, it just kinda happened. There was a spill over of those kicked out of the lakes, craicsoc from rape lane, the spillover from the pit, closest place to drink on capus relative to an offlicense etc etc.

edit: Though they did do a great job with the Forum, extra bars, BBQ, bands. Ents did do a great job, just I think it really beat anyones expectations of the day

It was really really cool. Good vibes, and a nice way to finish college

Services were everywhere, but not too pushed about taking drink. More about stopping mischief

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I wandered by after I had done my essay (didn't know anyone there so I didn't stay), and it looked great. They should have that on the first day of college.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Anyone know why college feds had blocked off the gate on to foster avenue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It was open this morning when I was coming in...

Also UCD looks like a bomb site this morning - on my way down to Health Sci this morning there were cans and bottles and posters everywhere.... Good luck to those who have to clean up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yesterday was great. UCD actually had some atmosphere, it was a strange experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

yesterday was savage. it had a real oxigen/music festival feel about it ie people lighting fires, a line of lads pissing in the hedge and everyone sittin on the grass drinkin cans. The weather also helped alot. Oh how i will miss undergrad life nest year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Services were sending people there from elsewhere... They seemingly decided to condone drinking but confine it to that one place... The place was a ****ing tip though, which doesn't exactly make it an appealing situation for the college to allow it. And some ****ers through a can at me and yelled at me about my hat being gay, which felt very much like an ****** (certain music festival) kind of environment indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Services were also locked. Once the Gardaí came along to keep an eye on things, I think they said f*** it and started getting pints from the forum. Can't believe it all started ending about 11 though, I thought it was about to turn into an all nighter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

One of my abiding memories of UCD was my experiences down by lake 2 aka tir na nog in April 2005. Missed 2006, but I really should have been there. I was tempted to return to UCD FOR Friday's festivities, but I was indisposed.

In fairness no matter how good or bad an ents officer one is, nobody can put a party on like craicsoc.

Long May It Continue

Patrick Thomas Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Services can't do anything if everyone is doing it...

Advertisement