Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3 more GnR leaks

• 05-05-2007 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

CD, The Blues and IRS...Sound great...the guy who leaked them said this on Roses Of Velvet.
    "
    Mr W. Axl Rose, you waited long enough. You have a salivating fanbase, one which you choose to ignore. Since you are unwilling to release an album to people who have remained so loyal, I will release it for you. Starting with these 3 tracks.

The rest will be released "soon".
    "
    I PM'd asking him for more details...he replied:
    "
    cant reveal that type of info yet. Just consider this: the album is coming out whther the band wants it to or not.

2007 is the year cd was released.
    "
    The songs do sound like final versions, although I'm no expert.

I always thought the title track was ok live...never expected it to turn out like this - I like it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

OMG, read this:
    http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,27056.0.html

Like a fúcking spy novel or something, and new TWAT coming soon!

Pity that asshole leaked 'em prematurely, we could have had 3/4 more songs. I might seem a little unforgiving being a New GNR fan with all the delays and the possiblity Chinese Democracy will never come out etc. , but when something like this happens it's so fúcking interesting and exciting!

Make it 4, TWAT just leaked!!

It's essentially a more polished version of what we've already got, it kicks ass!
    I always thought the title track was ok live...never expected it to turn out like this - I like it.

I agree, it totally blew me a away, I mean it was OK live, but fúck me, it's so powerful and the guitar is SO good in this version! Never expected such an improvement!

Also, I really like this mix of IRS, like Chi Dem the guitar is class and really carries it, I never liked IRS up until now.

They are gonna be forced to release this album - it would be a disaster for them to have so many songs leaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

chin dem is streets ahead of any live version :D quality. also IRS and the blues. cant wait for the rest now :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

JC 2K3 wrote:
    OMG, read this:
    http://chinesedemocracy.com/index.php/topic,27056.0.html

Like a fúcking spy novel or something, and new TWAT coming soon!

Pity that asshole leaked 'em prematurely, we could have had 3/4 more songs. I might seem a little unforgiving being a New GNR fan with all the delays and the possiblity Chinese Democracy will never come out etc. , but when something like this happens it's so fúcking interesting and exciting!

Yeah the gnr online community is probably the most interesting fan community - in spite of the lack of an album, the whole episode is like a soap opera.

CD has gone from my least favourite track likely to be on the album to my favourite. IRS i'm still not sure - its ok. The Blues is amazing - one of Axl's best vocal performances ever and awesome solo, although I'd prefer to hear a demo based on the 2002 live version with the extra guitar melodies, oh well. There Was A Time is great - Buckethead is on fire, amazing solo. Better and Madagascar are awesome too. And Bumblefoot has said we haven't even heard the best songs yet - this album is shaping up to be worth the wait. I was ready to give up after tours started getting cancelled again, but with the new leaks and a tour starting in June, things are starting to get interesting again.

There are believed to be three songs (including the alleged big gun Prostitute) out there among fans that nobody has heard any version of yet, as well as alternate versions of Madagascar and Better, and although the people who have them are fiercely loyal, Axl must be concerned that it's only a matter of time before they leak, which would ruin his plans - with recording finished, its surely time to wrap things up and release it - they've being mixing for over two months now.

• Advertisement

Have you seen the post on HTGTH that says an insider with Aiken is saying that GNR are to play Dublin in November "in support of the newly released Chinese Democracy"?

I heard all the leaks Im not sure about "There was a time" and "IRS" but I love "the blues" "better" and "chinese democracy"

TWAT will grow on you. One of the best guitar solos I've ever heard in that song. I have to say I liked the old leak better though.

Advertisement