Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Candidates (Limerick East)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It matters because the integrity of the Fianna Fail party is at stake here. All politics is local, and if they can get away with a small stunt locally, whak kind of shenanigans can they get away with in other constituencies and nationwide.

Anyway, Seeing as you wish to go back to Limerick East, how about this:

Noreen Ryan Limerick Post, April 2006.

Maybe Ms Ryan should make a visit to the Falkner family in Longpavement before making sweeping generalisations like that about travellers.

I distance myself from that woman...seriously...she's not the whole shebang upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jan getting your number 3 preference then :D

Jan getting your number 3 preference then :D

I though it as a secret...Damn:eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 limericksoviet

ninty9er wrote:
    I distance myself from that woman...seriously...she's not the whole shebang upstairs

Considering this is the kind of support Noreen is getting from fellow party members and active supporters of Noreens colleague Peter Power I wouldn't blame Noreen if she actually left his name off of her posters purposely (I don't think she did but I've no real idea). This sort of personal, small and ignorant remark is disgraceful considering your public support of Fianna Fáil and Derek before you reverberate the 'everyones entitled to their own opinion' diatribe everyone is, but as an active Fianna Fáil supporter by making such flippant and condescending remarks you are actively deriding the party as an entity.

No, I support the Party quite publicly, but Noreen has done quite enough deriding of the party herself in recent months, my reason for distancing myself.

If Noreen did more to work WITH the party, she wouldn't find herself in such situations. And BTW Noreen has put a "Carry on preferences" on the posters, to be fair, even if it is tiny.

I believe from HQ sources that both She and Willie have faced Bertie's scorn over their posters not being on the national template. It has made a show of us while showing Noonan and O'Donnell to be unified. They even use the same canvass teams.

However this has little to do with policy and more to do with party organisation, which is going to take a severe kick up the proverbial after this election, win, lose or hung. We need Mary Coughlan back down here to bang heads together afetre the election!!

It also seems strange to just pick me out. what about the other posts here??

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote:
    Matter closed on my side as this is now WAAAAY OFF TOPIC

And I've done it again...apologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 limericksoviet

ninty9er wrote:
    No, I support the Party quite publicly, but Noreen has done quite enough deriding of the party herself in recent months, my reason for distancing myself.

If Noreen did more to work WITH the party, she wouldn't find herself in such situations. And BTW Noreen has put a "Carry on preferences" on the posters, to be fair, even if it is tiny.

I believe from HQ sources that both She and Willie have faced Bertie's scorn over their posters not being on the national template. It has made a show of us while showing Noonan and O'Donnell to be unified. They even use the same canvass teams.

However this has little to do with policy and more to do with party organisation, which is going to take a severe kick up the proverbial after this election, win, lose or hung. We need Mary Coughlan back down here to bang heads together afetre the election!!

It also seems strange to just pick me out. what about the other posts here??

Derek,
    Heaven knows we need another sheep to follow the flock. We elect representatives giving them a mandate to represent us. Noreen leads while others follow.

Sheep are one thing, but tearaways are another. I believe there's potential in every candidate, but it needs exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Derek,
    Heaven knows we need another sheep to follow the flock. We elect representatives giving them a mandate to represent us. Noreen leads while others follow.

What does Noreen "lead"?

What does she do?

Where does she do whatever it is that she does?

Why doesn't she register anywhere, such as media public conciousness?

Who is she?

After studying her website in detail I would not be in a position to disagree if somebody claimed that she "leads" as a Maori Tribeswoman Warrior and believes that all motorists over the age of 39 should be vacinated against polonium-210 at the tax-payers expense.

- In fact all I do happen to know is that she pretends to chat on the phone on her crappy website, owes the photographer €'s in air-brushing and was nowhere to be seen before canvassing started for tomorrows big day.

P.S. Fianna Fail aint getting my 1,2,3,4~99 - I'm going to have a lash at building that "Luas" myself on Sat. night with a few friends [after a few beers] Petey Power - reckon its the more realistic option.

*edit for typ so s

Just in from a brilliant canvass and great reception while celebrating the end of canvassing until next week.

I now have no doubt that whatever the next government will be, Bertie will be Taoiseach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^ I agree but something tells me that sinn fein are going to gain a lot of seats in dublin, a worrying thought
    As much as pat rabbitte ruled it out I still see FF/Lab a option

:( - Oh God - are the Fianna Failures set to keep those e-voting machines in storage at huge expense to the hard working taxpayer for another 5 years ? And are they just set to move those poor patients on trolleys from the corridors to the hospital lawns ?

Time to enter the green card lottery methinks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Not on topic but related where do they count the votes in Limerick east?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

sioda wrote:
    Not on topic but related where do they count the votes in Limerick east?

I could be wrong - but I think it's out at the race course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Thats what I thought but wasn't sure

It was at the racecourse in Patrickswell. bloody expensive place too. €2.50 for bottle of water. €2 for cup of coffee, still though, it was nice to see the politicians get fleeced for a change.

Anyway, Your public Representitives until 2012 are:

Willie O'Dea
    Michael Noonan
    Peter Power
    Kieran O'Donnell
    Jan O'Sullivan.

and if you are in the wesht

Niall Collins
    John Cregan
    Dan Neville

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ I had a idea it was going to turn out like that in limerick east though was suprised O'Donnell got so many votes taking O Malley out of the race

1huge1 wrote:
    ^^ I had a idea it was going to turn out like that in limerick east though was suprised O'Donnell got so many votes taking O Malley out of the race

I was very surprised too...his 1st preference was only 4 votes behind Jan's.

Still I'm happy we took seats 1 and 2 in Limerick East and seats 1 and 2 in Limeirck West...drawing even in the west and improving on 2002 in the East.

Now that his nephew is in the dail, we can finally get on with the Michael Collins fraud trial.

1huge1 wrote:

Kieran O'Donnell got my number 1
    1.Occupational Income - When my wife & I sold our interests & directorships of the Regional Pharmacy Ltd, Dooradoyle to our daughter Sheila, part of the agreement was that she would pay us: (i) rental income for the pharmacy, (ii) pay me a consultancy fee. This arrangement will continue indefinitely.

Considering that the Pharmacy profession doesn't exactly rely on hand mixing its dispensed drugs via pestle and mortar any more in favour of deliveries arriving pre-packed by the van load - I'd say Tim had plenty of time left over to play around casually at being a Politician....Much as a Gentleman might fancy taking up golf to while away the hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement