Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership This Weekend

• 05-05-2007 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Man City vs. Man Utd - AWAY
    Everton vs. Portsmouth - HOME
    Fulham vs. Liverpool - DRAW
    Newcastle vs. Blackburn - AWAY
    Reading vs. Watford - HOME
    West Ham vs. Bolton - HOME
    Wigan vs. Middlesbro - DRAW
    Aston Villa vs. Sheff Utd - HOME
    Arsenal vs. Chelsea - DRAW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fulham vs. Liverpool - AWAY
    Newcastle vs. Blackburn - DRAW
    West Ham vs. Bolton - AWAY
    Arsenal vs. Chelsea - HOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

West Ham vs. Bolton - DRAW
    Wigan vs. Middlesbro - AWAY

Would make United champions.

:)

16 times and counting...
    17 years and counting...

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't really care that much about the Arsenal result, as if we get a win against City today, which I think we will, then we need to get one draw against either Chelsea or West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Everton vs. Portsmouth - DRAW
    Fulham vs. Liverpool - DRAW
    West Ham vs. Bolton - HOME

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

That Man City game isn't a certainity by any means. This weekend is Chelsea's last chance - they need to beat Arsenal, and hope for Man City to do them a favour. Will we see the Man City 0-0 special today? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Man City vs. Man Utd - Away
    Everton vs. Portsmouth - Home
    Fulham vs. Liverpool - Away
    Newcastle vs. Blackburn - Draw
    Reading vs. Watford - Home
    West Ham vs. Bolton - Home
    Wigan vs. Middlesbro - Away
    Aston Villa vs. Sheff Utd - Home
    Arsenal vs. Chelsea - Draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Man City vs. Man Utd - Home
    Everton vs. Portsmouth - Home
    Fulham vs. Liverpool - Away
    Newcastle vs. Blackburn - Draw
    Reading vs. Watford - Home
    West Ham vs. Bolton - Home
    Wigan vs. Middlesbro - Away
    Aston Villa vs. Sheff Utd - Home
    Arsenal vs. Chelsea - Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Newcastle vs. Blackburn - HOME
    West Ham vs. Bolton - DRAW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's an excellent RealPlayer stream on the rojadirecta.com website for the Manc Derby at the moment.

That was horrible on Ronaldo. Clear stamp, he'll be done by the FA later. Michael Ball. No need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

seansouth wrote:
    There's an excellent RealPlayer stream on the rojadirecta.com website for the Manc Derby at the moment.

Yep, True ESPN is uaually pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's the address for that steam? For some reason when i click on the link, it's not opening in sopcast. Tv ants isn't working for me either sincei upgrade media player.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I don't think it's possible to stream w/o going via sopcast.

Turn off any anti-virus/peerguardian/anti-spam blockers and try again.

It can often be a firewall/router problem also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

1-0 to united, innit

Ball punished for his earlier horror stamp.

Fouls Ronaldo for a peno, which Ronaldo cooly slots home.

0-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

united just playing keep ball now really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Ball has to be done for that. Really bad thuggery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

united just playing keep ball now really.
    Last 5 minutes: United possession 86%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

great save VDS

ROCKMAN wrote:
    great save VDS

Um nah. Horrendous miss Vassell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

oo-er!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Um nah. Horrendous miss Vassell
    TRUE i mean" great" as in big picture

Utd hanging on!

Is there a game on RTE/Setanta?

Yeah, Fulham v Liverpool believe it or not

No game on RTÉ, Fulham Pool on Setanta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Well they say it ain't over till the fat lady sings but the microphone is ready, she's walking towards the stage ready to start her singing.

Chelsea under massive pressure for tomorrows game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

city really need to start practising penalties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

or buy some confidence from somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Arsenal's last big game of the season, at home, surely they're good for at least a draw with Chelsea. Unthinkable that United don't win the title now.

And I hope Michael Ball gets a heavy punishment for that stamp.

Arsenal have nothing to play for really and nobody who can score. If Chelsea are up for it they'll win the game, but they've been looking a bit crap lately so I'm expecting Arsenal to get a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good match there!

Vidic played a stormer, solid as a rock. Much better than his performance against Milan. Ferdinand was pretty good too. Vidic and Ferdinand both nearly got goals! Heinze was brutal - did he do anything except kick it back to VDS? 25 yards inside their half and he still kicked it back a few times. Dunno how we stayed afloat with only himself and Brown in defence (while the others were injured). Brown was pretty consistant.

Carrick didn't do anything outstanding, but didn't do any damage! Scholes played great... One of his better performances of late, but not as good as earlier in the season. Giggs had a terrible match. Gave the ball away a shocking amount of times, and didn't set up m/any opportunities. Ronaldo wasn't great, but then he DID spend the whole match getting kicked and stomped by Michael Ball :rolleyes: I can't believe he got through the match without even a booking. I would hope that he gets a suspension and a fine for his absolute thuggery. Disgusting. It was really great to see him give away the peno on Ronaldo, which Ronaldo converted, and which won us the match :)

Rooney didn't get many opportunities, but he seemed to be easily muscled off when he was on the ball. He's usually much stronger than that. Smith was decent enough. He didn't get any shots, but he was up there showing some muscle and keeping the pressure on.

I don't think we should kid ourselves about that peno :D It was a terrible peno, we were blessed by VDS's knee.

Good match.

#there may be trouble ahead....#

Teves puts West Ham one up on Bolton after ten minutes.

:eek:

Football back in the courts :rolleyes:

lol, indeed :D

Especially considering Tevez just put a second past Bolton. He's really putting himself on the market :)

• Advertisement

The thing is, VDS did everything he could to put Vassall off. He got booked wasting so much time. I'd give the credit to the peno save to VDS, for totally psyching out Vassall. He made him take a bad peno, and then he procedded to save it.

We need one draw to win the league.
    Can anyone envisage a situation where Chelsea beat United, West Ham need one point to stay up, United need one point to win the league, and we get a nice 0-0 draw, with both sets of fans going nuts :)

2-0, oh dear. Tevez again. I can definitely see them being relegated by the courts

PHB wrote:
    The thing is, VDS did everything he could to put Vassall off. He got booked wasting so much time. I'd give the credit to the peno save to VDS, for totally psyching out Vassall. He made him take a bad peno, and then he procedded to save it.

Rubbish. It was an utterly awful penalty and VDS had fúck all to do with it. Nobody makes you take a bad peno, you either stick it away or bottle it like Vassell did. You seriously think VDS wasting a few seconds had anything to do with how awful that penalty was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

With any luck they will get relegated by points or courts. If the results stay the same way next week is going to be very interesting.

I don't think VDS made him take that badly..... As Royale with Cheese said, you either take a good peno or bottle it. There's only so much you can do if you're a keeper, and VDS did what he could, but really it's down to Vassell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

west ham 3 up, wigan 1 down..... ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

As it stands:

Sheff Utd 38 points
    West Ham 38 points
    Fulham 36 points
    Wigan 35 points
    Charlton 33 points
    Watford 24 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

of course the longer it takes to take itis gonna put a bit more pressure on you, you could get a negtaive thought in a second and feck it up. If i was taking a penalty anyways I wouldnt want to be waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Rubbish. It was an utterly awful penalty and VDS had fúck all to do with it. Nobody makes you take a bad peno, you either stick it away or bottle it like Vassell did. You seriously think VDS wasting a few seconds had anything to do with how awful that penalty was?

I think there's statistical evidence somewheres that suggests that the longer the delay before taking a penalty the more likely a player is to miss, or something along those lines. can't remember where i heard it though...

it was a crap penalty though, a foot higher and it would have been in. there was more than a bit of luck involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

PHB wrote:

We need one draw to win the league.
    Can anyone envisage a situation where Chelsea beat United, West Ham need one point to stay up, United need one point to win the league, and we get a nice 0-0 draw, with both sets of fans going nuts :)

Spot on on the pen. Many pens blasted down the middle end up in the back of the net, good save from VDS in my book.

I don't envisage that scenario but I would settle for it.:)

I think Dudek made Shevchenko miss that peno in the final shootout. Obviously, it doesn't work all the time, but I think that if a keeper puts off a player enough, he will take a **** peno.
    It wasn't just wasting seconds, it was insisting that he put the ball back on the spot properly, and him waving his hands around before the goal. All of that contributed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the peno should never have been awarded, lets hope that thug ball who conned the ref to win the peno, gets the fine and suspension he deserves.

great day for united, lets hope we win it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lets hope that thug ball

Thug is putting it lightly. How did he go through that game without getting booked?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Actually pleased that Man United won today. Taking the title off Chelsea tomorrow would be a nice silver lining to finish off a fairly grey season for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think ball did get booked in the second half, not sure though. he definately deserved a straight red and then had 2 other rash challenges that warranted yellows.

• Advertisement
Advertisement