Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership This Weekend

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Four minutes plus added time! They're really making us sweat it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Chelsea have 10 men ? right?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well congrats to Manchester United and their fans, let the gloating commence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

is it all over? if so, congrats United fans, a worthy premiership win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

4 mins injury time

edit/ great save

Still 4 left and a wonder save by lehamn to keep it 1-1

Wondersave!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

haha, what a miss by kalou.

Well done unitd.

I'll have to curb all the Lehmann comments after that save :)

2 minutes to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It's as over as it is going to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Congrats Utd.

• Advertisement

bet PHB has a 30,000 character post ready to hit submit on :D

kdjac

all over,man utd champions again:D :D:D

Yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jesus what a shít result. Arsenal didn't win and United won the league.

did jose tell the cameraman to fcuk off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote:
    Still 4 left and a wonder save by lehamn to keep it 1-1

Wondersave!!!!

kdjac

Bit much to say wondersave, it was more Hollywood than wondersave. The ball was straight above him. If it was hit cleanly with the foot he should have been hitting with (left) he would have scored.

The best way to look at saves is that if it would have been a great goal or a poor attempt at a save had it gone in. Arsenal would have put that down to a badly conceded goal had it gone in, which in my book means its not a great save. Anyhoo, dragging it out. :)

Congrats Utd, but of course selfishly I hope it will get overshadowed on the 23rd and confined to memory like the winners of the league in 1967-68 season :)

Giggs is the new holder of the most league medals (9). Was Alan Hansens record before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

YESSSS GET IN ERE,

Hats off to chelsea they were outstanding for that last 30 mins .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

bet PHB has a 30,000 character post ready to hit submit on

:) pretty much sums up my feelings :)

p.s. How the **** did Arsenal not win that game? Hleb I think is morally opposed to scoring.

ROCKMAN wrote:

Hats off to chelsea they were outstanding for that last 30 mins .

Yeah but they arsed it up over the last couple of weeks. The league really should have run down to at least the game at Stamford Bridge, if not the last day. They needed better performances lately but seemed to drop away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

PHB wrote:
    :) pretty much sums up my feelings :)

p.s. How the **** did Arsenal not win that game? Hleb I think is morally opposed to scoring.

Same way they didn't win every other game they fecked up this year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Jesus that was so frustrating, Arsenal should have killed off that game long before Essien equalised. Arsenal go from being unable to lose to Chelsea to being unable to win. So many times we should have beaten them (not saying we deserved to win today by the way, just that we should have) and haven't. Argghhhhh!

Story of our season really. Arsenal are in such need of a winger who can score a few goals - I don't care if that's Reyes, Vela or someone else, as long as somebody is brought in. Playing our best player (Fabregas) on the right of midfield, ffs.

Well done United. The title thankfully returned to a crowd pleasing attacking team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Well done to United,deserved Champions.They've played some great stuff this season and their players have been in great form.

How about that pass from J.Cole in the second half for Kalou?Amazing tbh.

0-2 to Spurs. Charlton relegated.

Two goals of the highest quality from Berbatov and Defoe.

I'm disappointed to see them go, I really like Alan Pardew and I thought when they had their revival when he took over, coinciding with West Ham's apparent collapse, that they'd escape.
    He's proven to be a good Championship manager and pretty shrewd in the transfer market. He did wonders with West Ham when they were relegated and in transition, Charlton are probably in a better position than they were to get back straight away.

Will Darren Bent be moving on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Will Darren Bent be moving on?

If this post on a Spurs site a couple of minutes ago is true...
    I'm no lip reading expert

Just now:

King "See you next season son..."

Bent: "Looking forward to it!"

:D

Sorry to see Charlton down, not fond of Pardew but they're a better club than dross like Wigan and Fulham. Decent fans as well.

To be honest, Spurs were poor tonight which probably shows why Charlton are going down...losing 2-0 in a must win at home to a side, showed very little fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my old man played for charlton, and they would be my 'other team', so i am sad and disappinted that they should go down at the hand of spurs.
    on the other hand, spurs up to sixth, a point behind everton with a game in hand. two easy games against blackburn and man city should see us up to 5th, although, i think only 3 points would do it.
    overall, im sure if we do finish in 5th, then the only difference betweenthis and last year is that we didnt challenge for a CL spot for most of it, instead playing an additional 20 odd games in cup football. i think i will consider it a successful season. all i wanted at the start was to be in europe again next season, and i think thats likely to be fulfilled. now, if we can just sort out the transfer speculation.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Saw Defoe's goal, bit of a beauty alright! :D Woulda expected him to lay it off, there was someone (Berbatov?) to his right completely unmarked but he lobbed the keeper with skill.

Didn't see Berbatov's goal unfortunately

DaveMcG wrote:
    Saw Defoe's goal, bit of a beauty alright! :D Woulda expected him to lay it off, there was someone (Berbatov?) to his right completely unmarked but he lobbed the keeper with skill.

I'm guessing your joking, yeah? You did see the deflection?

Advertisement