Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guts of a new rig

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Avoid NorthQ PSU's poor quality.

Try a Hiper 580W if on a budget or get a Tagan Easycon 530W which is more expensive but very good quality.

RAM and CPU are good choices, I'd go for the E6700 if you can afford it as it's pretty close to the X6800 in terms of performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

thanks 8T8.whats the best one you know of for silence(psu)?
    this any good?
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-021-EN&tool=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Both of 8T8's suggestions are virtually silent. I have both of them running at the moment (in different rigs!).
    If you want 'bling' go for the Hiper otherwise the Tagan is probably the best choice.

i know i'm being greedy but i need really quiet with the psu cos i have the pc in the bedroom so it dont disturb the missus on those late nights.
    thank again for the replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

Are Hiper's reliable? I've read mixed things about them (as in a higher then normal failure rate compared to other reputable brands)

• Advertisement

i've picked this one out now gonna order tomorrow.reviews look good.i hope its worth it as its flppin expensive http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_1749.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Toolbag wrote:
    Are Hiper's reliable? I've read mixed things about them (as in a higher then normal failure rate compared to other reputable brands)

Mine has been running heavily overclocked and watercooled rigs for over a year without missing a beat...but of course I'm very special :D

haha helpfully funny

Advertisement