Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Geography

Options
  • 05-05-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I was looking at the exam layout for Geography HL and I seen that Core unit 1 is made up of The Tectonic Cycle(including quakes and volcanoes),The Rock Cycle and Landform Development.However,When I glanced through the papers I was seeing all sorts of questions involving rivers,coasts,weathering,glaciation and waterfalls and stuff.Are these all part or landform development or what?I looked at the summary of Landorm development on Skool.ie and its tiny,it only has fold mountains and something else.Can someone please clear this up for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Core Unit 1 is: "Patterns and processes in the physical environment". That is anything to do with anything that happens in the environment...eg volcanoes, rocks, rivers, glaciers, sea etc.... They all occur in Q1,2,3 of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Oh and by the way, you only need to study one of Rivers, Coasts or Glaciers in great detail (that you will be asked a 30 mark question on). It wont specify in the question which one you have to do, but will give you an option...something like "Describe the formation of any two irish landforms and the processes that formed them"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Coasts was last year, I'm hoping for rivers. I'd say question 1 will be tectonics/volcanoes, question 2 will be rivers/human processes with rivers and question3 will be rock cycle. I love rivers...so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

any tectonic question that will come up will prob be on folding/faulting

e.g "how does an understanding of the tectonic cycle help in the understanding of folding" or some **** like that.

Advertisement