Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PD's to meet this afternoon to discuss Bertie's money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Neither of them owned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

Tom Parlon speaking on the phone to Brian Dobson just said "Bull****" live on air..i wasnt listening to hear what he was calling bull****e, but i heard that bit...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

The teflon taoiseach is losing his non-stick coating !! It was bound to happen eventually.

irish1 wrote:
    Neither of them owned it.
    Surely Wall owned the house at the time celia got this 30k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Finally

Do we now have a Velcro Taoiseach and will the others stick with him?

Selective info as McD said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,994 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

NewsWire wrote:
    Tom Parlon speaking on the phone to Brian Dobson just said "Bull****" live on air..i wasnt listening to hear what he was calling bull****e, but i heard that bit...:eek:
    He was being 'bullish' :)

(Did he say 'bullshít' or 'bullshíte'? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Are there any videos of the statement? Don't wanna read all that, lol

Bullpoo ;)

Also, any vids of the Adam Boulton interview?

Tristrame wrote:

You would have thought so but no Wall DID NOT OWN the house at the time the 30k was given over, he didn't buy the house for another 7 months!!

This has been reported widely for the past week Tristrame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Tristrame wrote:

No Wall did not own the house

Perhaps now you are finally seeing that this is not just a "conspiracy theory"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

Im 99% sure he blurted Bullshít

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mary Lou McDonald's reponse has been to "talk about the policies, nobody wants to go off on a tangent about these distractions from the policies."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

If I were a conspiracy theorist, after reading McDowell's statement, I'd probably start thinking that the PD's resignation was never in question, that they were deliberately exaggerating Jody Corcoran's information because the increased concern and publicity suits their faltering campaign, gives them unrivalled media attention, and attempts to remind people that they are supposedly the watchdogs of Fianna Fail.

Friday would not have been the best time to pull such a media stunt, but it might not be altogether impossible that this was all that was going on here.

The Taoiseach has sent out some signals today that he is not completely against the idea of making a new statement about his personal finances. He's up in the polls, Michael has got his attention - things may be improving in the FFPD nest once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

NewsWire wrote:
    Im 99% sure he blurted Bullshít

He did say 'total Bull****' - RTE just repeated it on their news so it must be acceptable now to use the term;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ooooh! Mary Lou looking to keep FF option open! ;)

Wheres The Minister when we need his insight into matters PD?

Mike.

InFront wrote:
    If I were a conspiracy theorist, after reading McDowell's statement, I'd probably start thinking that the PD's resignation was never in question, that they were deliberately exaggerating Jody Corcoran's information because the increased concern and publicity suits their faltering campaign, gives them unrivalled media attention, and attempts to remind people that they are supposedly the watchdogs of Fianna Fail.

Friday would not have been the best time to pull such a media stunt, but it might not be altogether impossible that this was all that was going on here.

The Taoiseach has sent out some signals today that he is not completely against the idea of making a new statement about his personal finances. So all may be happy in Bertie and Michael's nest once again.

Yes - Remember what happen last time Bertie made a public statement on RTE about this in the opinion polls;)

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

If you mean McDowell, he is on RTE radio right now;)

Voipjunkie wrote:
    Perhaps now you are finally seeing that this is not just a "conspiracy theory"
    I was unaware that Wall did not buy the house untill 7 months after the funds were given to Ms Larkin.
    Do you have a link to that information?
    It doesn't have any implication that I can see for the legality of Ms Larkins administration of the funds,if they were soley used for that house.

I deal in facts not speculation by the way.

Incidently I've just heard Parlons "bullshit" comment on the radio.

McDowell is on Radio 1 atm

Edit: snap!

darkman2 wrote:
    Yes - Remember what happen last time Bertie made a public statement on RTE about this in the opinion polls;)
    ....and they are up 2% today!

When will the next major poll be, next weekend?

• Advertisement

That Red C poll is about as useful as yesterdays chip wrapper, it was taken earlier in the week.

Mike.

Tristrame wrote:
    I was unaware that Wall did not buy the house untill 7 months after the funds were given to Ms Larkin.
    Do you have a link to that information?
    It doesn't have any implication that I can see for the legality of Ms Larkins administration of the funds,if they were soley used for that house.

I deal in facts not speculation by the way.

Incidently I've just heard Parlons "bullshit" comment on the radio.

I don't have a link but it has been reported on RTE all week that Wall didn't buy the house for another 7 months I also believe it reported in the print media today.

Can you explain why Wall would have given the money 7 months before he bought the house, makes no sense to me at all.

mike65 wrote:
    That Red C poll is about as useful as yesterdays chip wrapper, it was taken earlier in the week.

Mike.
    Oops - I thought it was taken since Vincent Browne's Inquisition! :o

(Didn't read it myself yet).

Anything that happened since Wednesday won't be reflected in that poll I belive. The next one should be interesting.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

In fairness McDonald is in Berties constituency so she is probably keeping the transfer window open which she will need to get elected also FF jumped in the polls the last time and all parties are wary of going after this

irish1 wrote:
    Can you explain why Wall would have given the money 7 months before he bought the house, makes no sense to me at all.
    You'd want to ask Celia that really.It doesn't worry me greatly unless there was some illegality but perhaps the lass like any lass was actively trying to make a nest for her new man :D
    It would appear also that Ahern was anxious to be in a house at a time he was about to be Taoiseach and Mr Wall was outsourced to look after this...
    (Daft dot ie probably didnt exist back then)

By the way a fairly simple outline of events came up on the first page of google for me.

Apologies - off topic.

Anyone listening to Gerry Adams on RTE Radio 1. He sounds like someone is choking him as he talks. :eek:

Clearly got a bad cold. Was just about the start a thread about it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

also OT: I love how Gerry wouldn't answer the question about what tax rates SF would imposive if they were in government, just that the overall tax take would not change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

How long has McDowell given Bertie to give the public statement?

Advertisement