Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended Warranties/Insurance Policies

Options
  • 05-05-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

How many people have successfully used the extended warranty / insurance policy that they were sold with their laptop, phone, or similar goods?

What is your experience with buying extended warranties/equipment insurance policies 36 votes

Bought but never had a reason to claim
    0% 0 votes
    Bought and successfully claimed
    19% 7 votes
    Bought and Unsuccessfully tried to claim
    22% 8 votes
    Never Bought and never regretted not buying
    8% 3 votes
    Never Bought but regretted it later
    50% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Bought one with my Dell Laptop a few years back. After around a year it stopped working. They collected it the next day without problem and I got a new motherboard.
    I can't remember how long it took, but it wasn't that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

To those who have claimed successfully...

How much did the policy cost? and how much would it have cost you to repair or simply replace the item involved.

I'd just like to know how expensive not having a policy would have been, especially as only 3 in 13 have successfully claimed so far in the poll.

The policy mentioned in this post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055062523

cost €500, but I'm sure that the cost of replacing the hard drive would have been considerably less.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got a Laptop (cost €1300) and paid around €400 ( I Think) for the insurance. Had a lot of problems with the lappy just after 1 yr and eventually got vouchers back for nearly €3000 :D

They refunded me the original cost of the laptop twice and the remainder of the insurance once :D

Well worth it IMO

Mik

Advertisement