Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPAM via PM

Options
  • 05-05-2007 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Is was wondering has anybody recieved spam via PM lately. I got one this morning, I've deleted it already but it was something along the lines of
    "Hi, I'm new here....blah blah blah...
    Check out my hosting at ........"

Wish i hadn't deleted it, can't remember sender but had 0 posts and registered since Feb 07.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I got one as well. Username: turing

Haven't deleted it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Yeah that sounds like the sender alright.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭drive3331

Picked up the same message from the same sender

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep same here. I wouldnt click on the link on the link if I were you, looks dodgey.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

User banned. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Can someone post the spam? If its an irish hosting company I'd like to know...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Here ya go:
    Hello,

I'm new here and just wanted to say "hi"

How's it going?

---
    turing
    http://turing.freehostia.com

Advertisement