Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebox into sound card as line-in?

Options
  • 05-05-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Title doesnt say much so I'll explain... I was wondering if I can use the Presonus Firebox pre-amp like a DI-box and put it straight into the line-in on my sound card (interface) and record that way on my PC. The reason I want to do this is cause my XF-I card does not have XLR inputs. Is it possible?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You can simply install the firebox on your recording machine and use it instead of the XF-I. The firebox is itself a soundcard/audio interface, not just a preamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Yeah I use it that way of course, but I don't want to install the firebox software on my PC as it has caused sound conflicts in the past. So I just need to know if it's possible to simply use the box straight into my sound card as a line-in so I can use XLR inputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Hendrix89 wrote:
    Yeah I use it that way of course, but I don't want to install the firebox software on my PC as it has caused sound conflicts in the past. So I just need to know if it's possible to simply use the box straight into my sound card as a line-in so I can use XLR inputs.

But is your stock card ASIO?

Advertisement