Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Going to UK tomorrow to buy second hand car... but...

Options
  • 05-05-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Heading to wales to pickup a second hand ford car tomorrow (Sunday).

I have done my homework and read the excellent thread on importing from the uk, ive also done a hpi check (its a private sale) and everything is ok on it, and also bringing a ford mechanic friend of mine.

The only thing is, what paperwork do i need to obtain from the seller? I presume the MOT cert (no good here, but handy to have) and the V5 reg document?

Have i missed anything?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

anyone have any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

No all you need to get is the complete V5 cause if the seller insists on sending the V5 to Swansea you will have to wait a while for you to be able to VRT it, if the seller still insists on hanging onto the V5 get him to ring Swansea on Tuesday and they will confirm to him that you should get it and maybe he will post it into you

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any previous service history documentation would be useful when you decide to sell the car on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Make sure the vendor fills out he "Permanent export section of the V5 registration document (I think it is the black section). You need to take the rest of the V5 toe the VRO when clearing the car here.
    Also don't forget to ask for all the spare keys for the car, they are an expensive replacement whatever make/model the car is.
    Any service history, old MOTs, receipts for work done, try to get as much as possible, as mentioned above the more info you have to back up the car's history the easier it will be to sell on when you're finished with it.

Advertisement