Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

GTI Re map

Options
  • 05-05-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

Just bought an 03 gti 180 bhp and i heard that if i get it re mapped it takes the bhp to roughly 220 and it is more economical on petrol.Isthis true and any advice on whether to do it or not.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes i have heard of tis too, i knew a guy who had one and it was mapped to 215bhp.

talk to mcnamaras in fairview or maybe martin tracey in westward engineering.
    the vag turbo is very easily tuned to a certain degree, but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I find it hard to believe it will be better on fuel. How does that figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Andrewf20 wrote:
    I find it hard to believe it will be better on fuel. How does that figure?

yeh that doesnt sound correct neither does a gain of 40bhp just by a remap but then i may be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ando

draffodx wrote:
    yeh that doesnt sound correct neither does a gain of 40bhp just by a remap but then i may be wrong

ah i wouldnt say its that far out tbh. i know the 210 engine can be remapped to about 260 or 265 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ando wrote:
    ah i wouldnt say its that far out tbh. i know the 210 engine can be remapped to about 260 or 265 :)

hhhmmm....suprising

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

ando wrote:

what engine would that be , the 210 ??? .. afaik the golf gti turbos come in 150 180 and 200

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

the GTi 1bo version (which is only available in the old shape aniversary model i think) can easily be mapped to approx 210-220 bhp.

small increase in boost and adjust the air fuel mixture (which the remap will do, dont adjust this yourself) and your away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They say it increases fuel efficiency but it's not really true. Works in theory but not in practice

Advertisement