Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whither Tevez?

• 05-05-2007 5:18pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whether or not WHUFC avoid the drop, now that Carlitos has his shooting boots back where is he going to be plying his trixie trade next season? I still haven't managed to figure out how the hell he ended up at the Boleyn Ground in the first place, but he'll surely be playing with a decent side come September. But is he made for the Premiership or will he end up going the predictable La Liga route or being the next South American to see his career go up in smoke at Inter? What odds on him following Javi Masch to Merseyside to fill the aching void left by C. Bellamy's imminent departure?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Superb player and tbh if WHU stay up wouldnt surprise me if he stayed. Imo hes suited to WHU, Man Utd or Arsenal in PL dont think he would be as good at Pool, dunno who managing chelsea next season and what way they will play.

His main threat is ball to feet at the edge of the box, his skill and strenght do the rest. Come on Arsenal so Utd field weak team next week :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I doubt Tevez or WH have any say in the matter.

I think he'll goto Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

zabbo wrote:
    I doubt Tevez or WH have any say in the matter.

I think he'll goto Liverpool.

Hes about 4 foot, not much point going there. West Ham own him now so its up to him/them as a normal transfer if he going.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

His legal standing is still unclear, but I'm pretty sure Tevez will have a strong say in where he goes.

I'm pretty sure he wants to play in a team that plays attacking style football, so if he does leave West Ham for another premiership club, I'd guess at United, Arsenal, or Spurs. I don't think he's the type of player who would want to play ugly effective football.

I'd like United to go for him, but I'd be surprised if we did. With the way he is performing, I think if West Ham do actually own him, he'll cost 15-20 million pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Reckon he'll follow Masch myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

West Ham to stay up, Tevez to stay there. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

PHB wrote:
    His legal standing is still unclear, but I'm pretty sure Tevez will have a strong say in where he goes.

I'm pretty sure he wants to play in a team that plays attacking style football, so if he does leave West Ham for another premiership club, I'd guess at United, Arsenal, or Spurs. I don't think he's the type of player who would want to play ugly effective football.

I'd like United to go for him, but I'd be surprised if we did. With the way he is performing, I think if West Ham do actually own him, he'll cost 15-20 million pounds.

We would'nt be crazy on him tbh. He is a tremendous player and I would love to see him at the club but his style is similiar to Defoes and him and Keane would'nt be able to play together. Martin Jol hates two little men up front. We'll get Bent. Darren that is:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'd say he will go to Arsenal. Thats where he was bound for before whatever shady dealings took him and Macherano to West Ham.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Speaking of shady dealings... I'd like to see him at Juventus myself, if he would be put to good use. Could be a wee Baggio with attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

He seems to be enjoying his time at West Ham. I reckon he could stay there for another season, maybe. His style is quite suited to the Premiership in any case. He's a remarkably similar player to Rooney, so I doubt Man Utd will go for him. Wouldn't really fit in at Liverpool or Chelsea, so I guess Arsenal is the most likely. But I'll plump for him staying with the hammers for one more season, provided they stay up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Babybing wrote:
    his style is similiar to Defoes and him and Keane would'nt be able to play together.

Who says Keane would get his game? Tevez and Berbs FTW :D

As for the Defoe comparison, don't know where you get that from. Tevez is more creative, more perceptive, and makes better runs...only thing in common is their pace and both hit a good shot.

He'd never come to us anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

id be happy to swap defoe back for tevez :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

id like to see him at liverpool. Anything is possible.

Advertisement