Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build...pretty pictures within!

Options
  • 05-05-2007 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Thought I would share my new build...I am prepared for criticism :D

Components:

Akasa Mirage case (with window panel so as to see the loveliness within)
    Gigabyte 965P-DS3P (rev 3.3) mainboard
    Intel Core2Duo 6320
    2gb G-Skill PC2-6400 RAM
    ATI X1950Pro 256mb
    Scythe Ninja (Rev b) Heatsink
    Tagan Easycon 530watt PSU
    Hitachi 400gb SATAII HD
    Western Digital 500gb SATAII HD
    Lite-On SATA DVD-RW

This has been running at stock speeds for the last week but I am just starting to clock it up today. Currently running at 2100mhz (1860 stock) but these chips seem to be readily clocked to 2800 without major problems. Super Pi times down from 27.5secs to 24.1secs at current speeds. Load temperatures for the two cores remain under 40c.
    FYI the Scythe cooler took 10c off the idle temps compared to the stock Intel cooler.

Anyhoo...some pics...

Intel 6320 in al it's naked glory
    PICT0012.jpg

A quick polish of the bottom of the Scythe heatsink...shiny goodness!
    PICT0005.jpg

The Scythe is just a tad bigger then the Intel cooler :eek:
    PICT0009.jpg

And a couple of general shots of the interior to finish
    PICT0017.jpg

PICT0020.jpg

I'll update when i get the final stable overclock...or when it has caught fire :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nice 1 very tiddy i will throw mine up when i get me ram :(

was gutted that i couldent do anythnig this weekend because of it .

also did you pressure mount ur infinty and whats ur cpu stepping (you can find it on tthe box)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Very nice build, very clean and tidy. Did you lap the cooler btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

awhir wrote:
    also did you pressure mount ur infinty and whats ur cpu stepping (you can find it on tthe box)

pressure mount :confused: Do you mean bolting it through the board rather than using the push-pins? If so...nope...going to see how it runs with the standard mount for a while.

Call me thick...but which number on the box is the stepping? (AMD fanboy for many years....first Intel cpu in a good while)
    Anti wrote:
    Did you lap the cooler btw?

Nope...measured pretty flat so just gave it a quick polish job.

hopeful wrote:
    pressure mount :confused: Do you mean bolting it through the board rather than using the push-pins? If so...nope...going to see how it runs with the standard mount for a while.

Call me thick...but which number on the box is the stepping? (AMD fanboy for many years....first Intel cpu in a good while)

Nope...measured pretty flat so just gave it a quick polish job.

number with FPO before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I should really invest in some more cable ties.. :o

Very nice and tidy black looks nice and shiny :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

Thanks DeafVision...I'm very happy with the wiring on this one...so much easier than the P180 I had before though.
    awhir wrote:
    number with FPO before it.

That would be the same number that's on the first photo that took me about 30 shots to get visible and clear yeah? :D

PICT0012.jpg

L652B285 <-- no idea what it all means!

lol forgote to look at the chip omg lol.

well its a B chip which are mena be pritty good.:D

i got a C chip but theres hardly no info on them

awhir wrote:
    lol forgote to look at the chip omg lol.

well its a B chip which are mena be pritty good.:D

Best I go BIOS diving and crank it up a notch so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Very tidy. There are wires all over the place in mine. For the most part they are held together with bits of elastic band I've cut in half :o

Very tidy. There are wires all over the place in mine. For the most part they are held together with bits of elastic band I've cut in half :o

I think we'd all like to see some pictures of that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i wannna!!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

looking for two of those spring loaders to mount an extra fan on the ninja.
    BTW it sits right on the memory.

i think i have seen people cabel tigh them on.

TonyM. wrote:
    BTW it sits right on the memory.

Its close all right...about 2mm between the clips and the RAM. I'm considering moving the fan to the other side of the heatsink..anyone know if this would effect performance?

well loglicaly it would be bad,i would keep it the way it is as if you pull you will not pull as much air as you push.

awhir wrote:
    well loglicaly it would be bad,i would keep it the way it is as if you pull you will not pull as much air as you push.

Thanks for that...will save me fannying around for half an hour this afternoon.

BTW...have a shedload of watercooling gear that will go up on Adverts later today. Just need to get the dust off it and take some pictures.
    Should be some good deals to be had :D

why dont you use it man ....................

go on i was see water cooling in that case.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Any chance of a pic of the case from the outside?

Quick overview shot...plus sneak peak of watercooling bits :D

PICT0001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

i like that window....that is a nice window...............seein as everyone is throwin in requests for photos....give us a dark room lit up one!!!:D

• Advertisement

i like that window....that is a nice window...............seein as everyone is throwin in requests for photos....give us a dark room lit up one!!!:D

I'm so good to you :D

Apologies for the poor quality but I couldn't find my tripod and it's a sod trying to hold my camera steady for a long exposure! I'll try to get a better one at some point.

PICT0006.jpg

LOl thats a deadly pic man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

very nice.... i like the blue! nice open window aswell. very nice!

im having a dilema with colour scheme. initially, i taut i would go for sumthin different from my last blue led pc, i went for green...now im regrettin it and im tryin to get it back to blue....alas my resources are limited. but that just shows that blue is better. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Hey how many HDs can you RAID on the ds3p any chance you can do four? Or is it just two?

yes you can do 4 on the sceond sata chanel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Brilliant. Am toyin with idea of 4 HD raid 0. already have two barracudas7200.10 might add two more. Well only if i think it will speed up load time and general use. anyone? and by how much?
    Any ways i think i'm buyin that board regardless. Where did you get it. Dabs seem to have the best price but i'm not sure if it's the REV3.3 the have and neither are they, i asked. OCUK are a good bit more expensive.

Raid really isnt worth it these days, hdds are fast enough on their own.

I used to use RAID...but as Anti says the speed difference is not worth the hassle, and as long as you have a sensible backup strategy the mirroring features are a bit pointless.

Just to keep up to date...

The 6320 is now running nice and stable at 2.45ghz (stock speed is 1.86). Going up carefully and running 2 Folding @Home clients for 24 hours in between increases. The chip is undervolted by 0.3volt at the moment and is running at 42-45c at full load.
    Anyone any idea what 'safe' temperatures are for these chips? I'm guessing mid 50's should be safe enough.
    SuperPi 1m times are down from 28 secs at stock speeds to 20.7 currently.

Is sad to say, after being an AMD fanboy for so long, that these Intel chip are pretty good :D

• Advertisement

is the 6320 a new chip?? It wasnt part of the initial core 2 duo lineup was it?

Advertisement