Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liz O Donnell's Posters

Options
  • 05-05-2007 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Is it just me or does anybody else notice how stange Liz O Donnell (PD candidate for Dublin south)looks in her campaign posters. It seems to be a clear case of when airbrushing goes wrong.
    Generally regarded as one of the better looking deputies in dail eireann, i think she was tryin to live up to her reputation to much by bleaching her teeth a unnatural white (images of of Ross from 'Friends' come to mind) and her lips are a strange red. The end result gives her a somewhat terrifying demon look from the distance and doesnt do her any justice at all. I think Olivia Mitchell will be getting my No1 come the 24th of May.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

donal66 wrote:
    I think Olivia Mitchell will be getting my No1 come the 24th of May.
    Olivia Mitchel's posters look way more 'doctored' than Liz O'Donnell's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

donal66 wrote:
    The end result gives her a somewhat terrifying demon look from the distance and doesnt do her any justice at all. I think Olivia Mitchell will be getting my No1 come the 24th of May.
    You're voting for someone on the basis of how they look on their election poster? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yeah noticed Liz looks like she slapped on a bit too much makeup on alright. But tbh I reckon all the election posters are doctored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

gandalf wrote:
    Yeah noticed Liz looks like she slapped on a bit too much makeup on alright. But tbh I reckon all the election posters are doctored.

Yeah, they probably had to tone down Bertie's makeup :D

You mean the ones with Bertie parachuted (photoshopped) in beside people pretending to listen to them.

They should have given the people a few quid in sterling then you'd be guaranteed that Bertie would listen to them LOL

• Advertisement

I was driving up to Wicklow today and noticed a few of Enda's posters-he looked very funy in them especially as they were at the bottom of poles-He looks like a 1950's Robin Hood in them :D

What does he have an Errol Flynn moustache then or did you stop that environment wreaking chunk of metal you call a car and do some artwork with a black marker ;)

At least my yoke can run on chip oil-so there :D

And yes he does like Errol actually :D (he just needs the cap)

Tristrame wrote:
    At least my yoke can run on chip oil-so there :D

And have you tried that yet or would you even consider it ;)
    And yes he does like Errol actually :D (he just needs the cap)

You better bring the green marker tomorrow so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

same with Mags Murrays posters in DW. She looks like an advert for Ryanair!

• Advertisement

OK I think we need to start a thread with the worst Election Posters out there. Get the cameras and camera phones clicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

definitely a tinwop situation here...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Tristrame wrote:
    I was driving up to Wicklow today and noticed a few of Enda's posters-he looked very funy in them especially as they were at the bottom of poles-He looks like a 1950's Robin Hood in them :D
    enda's posters are obviously airbrushed, but to make him look younger. Bertie on the other hand looks tired, and the thing they did with his eyes looks weird.

Unfortunately people have been going round ripping down rainbow posters. Some áss went the whole way from Leeson St to Donnybrook last night ripping them down. What a waste, we'll just put them back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What a waste, we'll just put them back up.
    He will probably take them down again you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Dandesav

Yeah I live in Dublin South- I actually thought it was a portrait for a few days until I looked more closely! Olivia Mitchell's have obviously been done too, but they mangaged to avoid making her look like a cartoon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I wonder if all the election posters in a constituency even swing a single vote?

And yes Liz is pretty revamped in her posters, but I really don't know why she bothers... or any of them for that matter.

Bond-007 wrote:
    He will probably take them down again you know.
    And we will keep putting them back up. :D

There is only but one Friday and Saturday in each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gutta

donal66 wrote:
    Is it just me or does anybody else notice how stange Liz O Donnell (PD candidate for Dublin south)looks in her campaign posters.

I'm with ya an that one...

She looks like a cross between a Stepford Wife and an alien.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Enda's hair looks one of around 5 different colours at any given time. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

480324553_011a310bb8.jpg

I think Enda should fire whoever photoshopped that. He looks like a waxwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭SeanW

Jeepers, that looks like a cross between Enda Kenny and Trevor Sargent!

Statesman like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

SeanW wrote:
    I actually thought it was Trevor Sargent until I saw the Fine geal speil underneath! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

SeanW wrote:
    ...or Enda Kenny crossed with George Bush!

PS - Why does every post in Politics appear twice on the front page?

Stephen wrote:
    480324553_011a310bb8.jpg

I think Enda should fire whoever photoshopped that. He looks like a waxwork.
    Thats the one I was talking about that makes him look like Robin Hood from a 50's movie without the green cap and feather...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Did someone say waxworks?

une4483.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

DeepBlue wrote:
    You're voting for someone on the basis of how they look on their election poster? :eek:

This was the basis on which I voted for Mary Lou last time. Have to say I was disappointed when I saw her on Q&A a week later. Clearly some airbrushing had occurred. Either that, or she used a 10 year old photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

All right, lads, you've all got Photoshop - let's see your best efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think Enda is by far looking the best - they are definately going for the "stateman-like" thing and I think quite effectively too. (Not that it would influence my vote mind.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

ballooba wrote:
    Unfortunately people have been going round ripping down rainbow posters. Some áss went the whole way from Leeson St to Donnybrook last night ripping them down. What a waste, we'll just put them back up.
    FFS, are you sure they didn't just blow off because you didn't tie them on right? A picture of Oisín Quinn nearly took my eye out last night at about half three in the morning.

Advertisement