Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primary school teaching

Options
  • 05-05-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, i am thinking about doing a h.dip in primary school teaching (i have a degree). I dont have honors leaving cert Irish so i'm just wondering if i can repeat the leaving cert irish and use this result when applying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I think so. A friend of a friend is repeating Irish to do Primary Teaching. She only had Ordinary Level when she sat the LC, so, em... yep?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

isn't there another exam that you have to do? you know the one that the teachers who have trained in wales or england have to do when they come back to ireland? Although this exam is significantly harder than the leaving so if you can do the h.dip through Leaving cert irish i'd seriously recommend it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is lots of info on this and similar qs on the Teaching forum.

Advertisement