Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

y wont my 6310i work on cingular i USA?

• 05-05-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

HI UYS HOPE YER ALL WELL
    over here inboston with my unlcoked 6310i,popped in a cingular sim card today, and it little or no signal on her,

y wont it work?
    i mean the phone has these modes:
    GSM/GPRS 900/1800/1900 MHz ‡

and cingular uses 1900, so y does it only work in some area - but with only a bar or two of signal, and not at all in other areas?
    hoping someone mite know
    thanks ppl
    ed ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Are you sure they use 1900 everywhere? 850 is used in lot of america. Also america doesnt have as good coverage as europe so you might just be in a bad area. The fact that it works in some places says to me that its one of those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did this phone have great coverage in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Cingular use 850/1900 T-Mobile do not use 850 only 1900 (http://www.prepaidgsm.net/en/usa.html) i'd suggest grabing yourself a t-mobile SIM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The signals can be terrible in parts of the US think the early days of Meteor!

It's a funny market!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

it would be a kin to going around Ireland with an 1800 mhz phone .. the coverage would be crap.. prob only work in Built up areas.. etc etc
    Get your self an American phone is your best solution...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Cingular bought out AT&T a few years ago and use some of their towers for signal. These are 850Mhz and you will find a lot of the time that this problem keeps cropping up. Call into Warlox Wireless in the Prudential Centre beside the Hynes convention centre/Sheraton hotel and they will sort you out with a sim card or quad band phone or cheap US phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

A basic cheap US GSM phone would be the best sollution if you are around there at the moment!

Even CDMA if you can get a good deal as you're unlikely to be using the handset in Europe anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭Dubliniensis

I'm currently in the US and using a T-Mobile SIM in a 6230...it's grand! Coverage is patchy (ie- if you go indoors!). Don't know how Americans put up with such sh*tty coverage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

T-Mobile will give you the best coverage with a tri-band phone that includes the GSM1900 band, such as the Nokia 6230 and 6310i, as they operate an exclusively GSM1900 network.

As far as coverage in the US, it is improving, it's just that the US has been a bit late in the game as far as mobiles go. With the exception of the iPhone, they also tend to be the last to get new handsets as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I'm on t-mobile and there is pretty good coverage across the US, I travel enough to know about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement