Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5-axle trucks in city centre

• 05-05-2007 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a significant rise in the number of 5 & 6 axle trucks in the city centre before 7pm in recent weeks.

Are all these travelling on permits? I have to assume they are. And is there anything visible to show that a truck has a permit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

BendiBus wrote:
    I've noticed a significant rise in the number of 5 & 6 axle trucks in the city centre before 7pm in recent weeks.

Are all these travelling on permits? I have to assume they are. And is there anything visible to show that a truck has a permit?
    I presume they are on permits. There is no external way to identify those on permits except for a garda / council official to put their registration through the permit database.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have noticed an increase recently too.
    In a journey from North Strand to the top of Drumcondra road yesterday we passed six on the way out and four on the way back.

Surely in that area they should have been in the tunnel? A number were turning down Clonliffe Road and (presumably) heading towards the docks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Also worth noting some trailers are too tall for the tunnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bennyx_o wrote:
    Also worth noting some trailers are too tall for the tunnel.
    These vehicles are obliged to exit via Alfie Byrne Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Its like the Suffolk st/ Parnell sq E bus lanes, no one cares after a few weeks.

With one of my routes based on Eden quay, i see them running down the quays to the docks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Victor wrote:
    These vehicles are obliged to exit via Alfie Byrne Road.
    Makes sense I suppose. Misread the original post.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The port tunnel was closed over the weekend (Saturday anyway) and the ban was lifted,this could explain the rise in 5 axle trucks in city.

Advertisement