Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40th Surprise Party - Where to get the decorations

Options
  • 05-05-2007 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am arranging a surprise party for my sister's 40th. I have booked the venue, arranged the food and sent out the invites. Anyone got ideas where to go to get reasonably priced decorations and also any ideas on where to get a yummy chocolate cake to serve 50 people? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Superquinn / Marks & Spencer for the cake - They both do fab cakes. Superquinn probably better. - Two large black frest gateaux would be enough.

As for party stuff - if it was June, I'd direct you to our new party website - www.<snip>.ie (pre selected party decoration packages at 30 - 40% off retail!) but in the meantime I'd look at one of the larger greeting cards stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Take a trip to a large Euro shop. Most of them stock banners, balloons, party poppers etc. You will get tons of stuff for €20 -30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

If you want the place decorated you could try Barry's Balloons on Ballyboggan rd (I'm assuming Dublin here)

Alternativly you could collect their decorations (Balloons, banners....etc etc). No idea how the prices compare against other places mentioned.

830 1700

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Countryripple

if u need to get a lot for your money then yea, head to the euro 2 shop. you will gey a lot of basics in there. or you could go to the party store. cant remember the name of it ecactly, but there is one in Airside in Swords.

Advertisement