Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DX Ireland (Not for 56K)

Options
  • 05-05-2007 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Was watching some practice today for 3DX. Took this pic ....

3DX%20071.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

LOL
    Looks like a lazy mans lawnmower.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

it's upside down, is it just that the pic is upside down or can model heli's actually do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Youre right, the heli is right way up, we just lifted the entire Northern Ireland's grass to make it look like it was flying upside down.

:D

No, seriously, helis can fly upside down. Its called Negative Pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Chaz wrote:
    Youre right, the heli is right way up, we just lifted the entire Northern Ireland's grass to make it look like it was flying upside down.

:D

LOL :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Don't believe a word ....
    He's spoofing you.
    That is what model heli flying looks like in Oz !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Not for dial up is right:eek:

Nice picture tho':)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

That would be Chris "fastlad" walton's Aurora. Real nice machine.
    Just back from the event myself. great 3 days of flying.
    Chris and two from the fastlad.co.uk crew built a trex 600 last nite from scratch in just under 2hrs.......it was in the hotel bar....:D

Who won? Where did PJ Harte come? I was gonna go today - but weather looked crappy ....

John O’Rourke won. Was quite windy for finals for everyone and there were a few casualties. P.j came 5th (I was the one calling for him). There were some spectacular demo flights by Ducan and Andy.

What exactly does the spotter/calling dude do?

BTW - were you the dude with the newish TREX 600?

• Advertisement

In the set manouvers, the caller calls the manouver and when he thinks the pilot is ready he will call start and then complete when the manouver is done.
    In freestyler the caller will remind the pilot what to do and whats next in the routine along with reminding him of time left.
    No, I had a raptor and fury there. I do hope to get the 600N when its out.
    I think you are thinking of philip who also had a fury.
    The next round if the heli challenge will be at our local club in galway (19th-May). You should come along. hopefully weather will hold up as we will be having a BBQ, we have 30 steaks ordered. :D
    Hoping to have our new club house ready too.

Advertisement