Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia warranty help

• 05-05-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

I recently got a N95 from the UK, its an O2 upgrade. Recently it started to crash when using the sat. nav. the odd time, so I took it to a nokia agent who said they would flash it.
    When I went to collect it they said it was a level 3 fault & could not fix it, and that the phone was completely wiped during the repair process and is completely useless. They now plan to send it to Nokia to repair it.
    As I do not have the original receipt (might be able to get it though), bought it second hand & have not registered it, have I got a leg to stand on?
    If Nokia refuse to repair it, and as the phone was basically ok when I gave it in to the shop (apart from the GPS), and now its totally unusable-am I entitled to a replacement unit/repair costs from the shop?
    Where do I stand legally on all this?

Tbh. this has me worried, possible 600+ notes down the drain:(, so any advice welcome.

Thanks lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Just bring it to MPRC in sandyford and they can repair it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

dre,

They still have it, supposed to send it tues. direct to nokia..
    MPRC-what is exactly & do you have a no.?

(still trying to send that file, if it does not send again I will break it down into smaller zips and send multiple mails tomorrow)

EDIT: ahh.. this crowd-they a better bet(place I took mine was on Dawson St., not mentioning names)

glynf wrote:
    dre,

They still have it, supposed to send it tues. direct to nokia..
    MPRC-what is exactly & do you have a no.?

(still trying to send that file, if it does not send again I will break it down into smaller zips and send multiple mails tomorrow)

EDIT: ahh.. this crowd-they a better bet(place I took mine was on Dawson St., not mentioning names)

I alway use mprc and have had no problems, ive been to them quite afew times and they have phones repaired in less than 3 hrs.
    We all know the dawson street crowd.Ive heard alot of bad things about them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

glynf wrote:
    I recently got a N95 from the UK, its an O2 upgrade. Recently it started to crash when using the sat. nav. the odd time, so I took it to a nokia agent who said they would flash it.
    When I went to collect it they said it was a level 3 fault & could not fix it, and that the phone was completely wiped during the repair process and is completely useless. They now plan to send it to Nokia to repair it.
    As I do not have the original receipt (might be able to get it though), bought it second hand & have not registered it, have I got a leg to stand on?
    If Nokia refuse to repair it, and as the phone was basically ok when I gave it in to the shop (apart from the GPS), and now its totally unusable-am I entitled to a replacement unit/repair costs from the shop?
    Where do I stand legally on all this?

Tbh. this has me worried, possible 600+ notes down the drain:(, so any advice welcome.

Thanks lads.

To answer your question .. you'll be fine .. the shop as bad as it is can not do a level 3 repair and they will just escalate the repair to a level 3 repair center.. either way you'll get your phone back fixed or replaced (unless its liquid damage) You wont need your receipt as the date codes within the phone will show that its with its 2 year warranty period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

drdre wrote:
    I alway use mprc and have had no problems, ive been to them quite afew times and they have phones repaired in less than 3 hrs.
    We all know the dawson street crowd.Ive heard alot of bad things about them :)
    i've been there and i can confirm all of the bad things

• Advertisement

i've been there and i can confirm all of the bad things

Well i have never had a bad experience.May others have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I doubt any N95 would be older than 2 years old, so they are hardly going to doubt you when you tell them it is not that old. :D

Thanks for the advice lads. bloke I got it from in UK is dead on, offered to send itback to O2 UK and all...said he will try for a reciept from them anyway.
    One other thing, does a level 3 require the technician to open up the phone?

Just dawned on me earlier that I took the thing apart to fix the loose slider(problem with a lot of these phones). By the time I finished, ther were a few scratches on the metal runner that holds the slider in place :o...so technicaly I rendered the warranty void (and there was me delighted with my handywork:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cwynnes

Hey glynf,

Yes a level 3 repair means opening up the phone, just like a level 2 repair, the difference between a level 2 and 3 is that on a level 3 the technician has a lot more access to the phone as regards replacing chips on the circuit board etc etc
    Dont worry about voiding the warranty, unless you made it very clear you were at the phone like the screws being worn and impossible to open ull be fine, and since it passed through level 2 itll be grand.
    Also, when they say they are sending it for level 3 it basically means that they are sending the phone to mprc or sigma themselves.

Good luck with the phone,

cwynnes

Thanks cwynnes,

fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

So glynf did you get your phone fixed.Whats the update

Got it back today, all is well again. Menus are much faster.Putting it up for sale though, happier with the W880i. I prefer the size/build quality & find the sony menus better..So its going on averts.ie/ebay soon enough.

How is yours going-maps work out?

Advertisement