Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far is Pearse Station from Grafton St?

• 05-05-2007 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

To walk, how long would it take? And is it right or left when you come out of the station? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

5-10min walk depending on your speed. And you head left coming out of the station (and then right after that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Thanks very much SofaKing...it's better to get off there than Tara Street so? Not familiar with the train stations.

Yes, for walking to Grafton, Pearse St is definitely the nearest in my opinion.

I walked the same way for 4 years back in college :)

SofaKing wrote:
    Yes, for walking to Grafton, Pearse St is definitely the nearest in my opinion.

I walked the same way for 4 years back in college :)
    Ok great. Thanks very much SofaKing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Cutting through trinity is probably the fastest way to go.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote:

How do I do that? This is getting confusing for a culchie ;)

Dublin%20Map-Big.jpg

Pearse Street dart station is actually on westland row, which is one end of trinity, which grafton street is the other. Theres an exit Via the arts block in trinity out onto nassau street near the bottom of grafton street.

t_01text.gif

Boston wrote:
    Ah sure they're always up to some construction work in there, arent they. OP may get lost or diverted out of her way :)

Boston thanks so much but I really think I'd get lost, better stick to the longer way...knowing me I'd end up in Wicklow!

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate it. Will try that route another time when I'm not making time. But thanks! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Boston wrote:
    Pearse Street dart station is actually on westland row, ...
    Actually it's not called "Pearse Street Station" it's simply "Pearse Station", i.e. named after the man, not the street,that's why :)

• Advertisement

Alun wrote:
    Actually it's not called "Pearse Street Station" it's simply "Pearse Station", i.e. named after the man, not the street,that's why :)

Never knew that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

MayMay wrote:
    Never knew that!
    Yep, there's a few of them .. Connolly is the obvious one, plus Bray Station is also known as Daly Station, and Dun Laoghaire is also known as Malin Station. They've recently put up signs at Bray and Dun Laoghaire to reflect this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Bray was often referred to as Bray-Daly when I were a lad!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Renamed in 1966 to commerate the fiftieth anniversary of the Easter Rising:

- Amiens Street - Connolly Station
    - Westland Row - Pearse Station
    - Kingsbridge - Hueston Station
    - Cork - Cork (Kent)
    - Galway - Galway (Ceannt)
    - Limerick - Limerick (Colbert)
    - Sligo - Sligo (Mac Diarmuida)
    - Waterford - Waterford (Plunkett)
    - Bray - Bray (Daly)
    - Dun Laoghaire - Dun Laoghaire (Mallin)

Kilkenny also was renamed, but the name escapes me at present...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Kilkenny - Kilkenny (Mac Donagh)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

walking through trinity is not majorily faster tbh, i walk to grafton street 5/7 days of the week and always vary the route so i don't fall asleep whilst walking. normally back back through trinity for the view and some cricket :D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Oh, I had also forgotten Tralee (Casement), Drogheda (McBride), Wexford (O'Hanrahan), and Dundalk (Clarke).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Alun wrote:

Actually, strictly speaking, it is named after the two Pearse brothers. Hence the plural in the Irish form (Staisiun na bPiarsach rather than Staisiun an Phiarsaigh).

But that will make little odds to the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Cionnfhaolaidh

Actually, strictly speaking, it is named after the two Pearse brothers. Hence the plural in the Irish form (Staisiun na bPiarsach rather than Staisiun an Phiarsaigh).

But that will make little odds to the OP.

ah an-suimiúil, grma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭100gSoma

MayMay,

you should totally try Trinity college. You cannot possibly get lost its too easy...

MAP ATTACHED!!!! Open the jpeg...

Here is my step by step instructions...

1. When you exit Pearse station you will see an entrance into Trinity college DIRECTLY across the road.

2. Enter Trinity at the green dot across the road and walk straight until you see the grass of the rugby pitch.

3. Walk up the middle of the cricket and rugby pitch on the path and then between the two corner buildings at the end of the path.

4. Walk around the Fellows Square area and up the ramp into the walkway..

5. you will come out on Nassua st. just a stones throw from grafton st.

Try it.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The DTO Journey Planner (for walk and cycle routes) says that it is 957metres from Pearse Station to Bewley's Grafton Street and will take 11minutes. It goes via Nassau St, left onto Dawson St, right onto Duke Street and left onto Grafton St.

It's walk times tend to be on the conservative side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

I hate to be a pedant, but Trinity's closest gate to Pearse has moved from Westland Row to Pearse Street now, since the new Sports Centre opened.

europerson wrote:
    I hate to be a pedant, but Trinity's closest gate to Pearse has moved from Westland Row to Pearse Street now, since the new Sports Centre opened.

Have you been down there since the new sports centre opened, because the gates still open and an email was sent to those in goldsmith hall that it shall remain open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Too true, still open. I'm going to go through it in ten minutes in fact. As long as the OP isn't going trough at some strange hour, the gate should be still open. Walk around Trinity though, its still quicker i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Boston wrote:
    Have you been down there since the new sports centre opened, because the gates still open and an email was sent to those in goldsmith hall that it shall remain open.
    I got an e-mail saying it was closed: I haven't been that end of campus in person lately. Oh well! Good to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

enda1 wrote:
    Walk around Trinity though, its still quicker i think.

Construction aside, it's quite pleasant too IMO compared to the city streets.

Advertisement