Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6230i .midi

• 05-05-2007 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey ppls,

Just a quick question about ringtones on the Nokia 6230i, i went searching for a ringtone earlier today and found it and downloaded it, when i went to play it, it said "file format not supported"
    That was ok until i went looking on my phone and realised it was a .midi file, and i have other .midi files on my phone and it plays them...am i missing something here...anybody have any idea whats going on?...is it possibe to get codec to allow the phone to play this format...

Cheers,

cwynnes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The 6230i is only able to play midi files with less than 64 channels (separate instruments) in it. It's quite possible your file has more than that. You could use this to edit the file and chop out some channels that are not really needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

If you send it from your PC using Nokia PC Suite, it will normally convert it to the correct settings to play on the phone

Advertisement