Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All calls private - please help

• 05-05-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

All my incoming calls are private including ones that shouldnt be. Its not my phone because I have swapped sim between phones. How can I get round this, obviously some setting is wrong with my provider. 087

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ring your provider for support or check their webby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

just ring them they need to reset caller identification on your account,takes a few secs just ring from a different phone as youll need to turn your off/on for it to take effect,i do this a few times a day for people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

krudler wrote:
    just ring them they need to reset caller identification on your account,takes a few secs just ring from a different phone as youll need to turn your off/on for it to take effect,i do this a few times a day for people
    Make sure you mention it's the incoming caller display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The same thing happened to my dad, who is with O2. A quick call to O2 got it sorted, turned out the account had lost some settings somehow and was no longer provisioned correctly.

Unlike 3, who don't seem to be able to do anything in situations like that, O2 were able to get it sorted within 60 seconds. Literally. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The same thing happened to my dad, who is with O2. A quick call to O2 got it sorted, turned out the account had lost some settings somehow and was no longer provisioned correctly.

Unlike 3, who don't seem to be able to do anything in situations like that, O2 were able to get it sorted within 60 seconds. Literally. :)
    and that's why they win the award for customer care every year. unlike metewor and 3 their training program consists of more than the correct way to say "sorry i can't help you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

theres constant training going on there,course not every single agent knows everything about any problem but as long as people are willing to hold or be called back we'll try get the problem sorted,some people have no patience though you tell them you need to put them on hold for a minute or two so you can ring the tech support guys and they act like you're never going to come back,the amount of people ive had hang up on me because they were on hold for literally 45 seconds,as if agent have one big magic button on their desks that says "fix problem now!" written on it, although i have friends who rang chorus and were left on hold for 30 minutes before someone came back and said "no nothing we can do sorry"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

krudler wrote:
    theres constant training going on there,course not every single agent knows everything about any problem but as long as people are willing to hold or be called back we'll try get the problem sorted,some people have no patience though you tell them you need to put them on hold for a minute or two so you can ring the tech support guys and they act like you're never going to come back,the amount of people ive had hang up on me because they were on hold for literally 45 seconds,as if agent have one big magic button on their desks that says "fix problem now!" written on it, although i have friends who rang chorus and were left on hold for 30 minutes before someone came back and said "no nothing we can do sorry"
    If you answer/deal with telephone calls in the same way that you write posts, then I can see where Commander Vimes is coming from! :)

What about paragraphs, spaces, upper case when appropriate, better sentence structure etc.? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

can my problem not be sorted by putting in some code, its a company phone and i will prob have to get a dozen people to give passwords and their grannies maiden name etc all to sort out this simple issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You wont if your one of the registered people. Company accounts would never get anything done if it required authorisation from everyone on the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Well Commander Vimes I actually tried to get a change made to a service on a seperate phone last week and voda demanded to talk to purchasing person.

Anyway I gave them a call and it was sorted pronto, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Well Commander Vimes I actually tried to get a change made to a service on a seperate phone last week and voda demanded to talk to purchasing person.

Anyway I gave them a call and it was sorted pronto, thanks guys.
    If you're not allowed to do stuff on the account, you're not allowed. This is how the person who runs your business phones set it up. Not much point blaming Vodafone.

Advertisement