Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what du u think about the wii

Options
  • 05-05-2007 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

i think the wii is alright its not the best but its ok:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

great craic with a large group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kaloto227

my favorite game on the wii is wii sports golf how about u:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

Great at first but a little disappointed in it after the inital buzz been waiting ages for tramua centre, and alas not much else has caught my interest. Have zelda its ok, wii sports is class, red steel is ****E and was so let down by nitendo mag rating this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If I had found one in stock on December 8th or soon after I would have got one. But I didn't, and ended up getting a 360 instead. I still intend to get a Wii at some stage, when there's more games other than Zelda and Paper Mario. I might wait until there's some sort of Wii Lite (different colours or something) -- I got a DS before launch and then they go and bring out a Lite a year or so later :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

i cant wate to get the wii,and have you guys heard about problems with the wii remote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

the only problems I have are the sensor not recognising the remote and the huge amound of batteries used.
    Other than that it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the initial buzz was great playing sports and waving the wii mote about frantically , Zelda was thoroughly enjoyed too.

Since i got it at xmas there has been noting else that interested me, Medal of Honour was sh**e with ps2 graphics to match. The only other game i got was sonic which held my interest for a few days.

I got a few virtual console games but i began to realize they where not worth the money over playing them with an emulator on my laptop connected with vga to my hdtv.

I short to anyone thinking of getting a wii. wait till theres more quality games out, by the looks of it mine will be gathering quite the amount of dust b4 that happens

calex71 wrote:
    the initial buzz was great playing sports and waving the wii mote about frantically , Zelda was thoroughly enjoyed too.

Since i got it at xmas there has been noting else that interested me, Medal of Honour was sh**e with ps2 graphics to match. The only other game i got was sonic which held my interest for a few days.

I got a few virtual console games but i began to realize they where not worth the money over playing them with an emulator on my laptop connected with vga to my hdtv.

I short to anyone thinking of getting a wii. wait till theres more quality games out, by the looks of it mine will be gathering quite the amount of dust b4 that happens

Agreed, lately I've only been using it to play Fire Emblem for the gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

wii sports is great fun but zelda is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think the Wii is fun because you are more involved with the game. Instead of pressing A to swing a sword you actully swing the remote. Also I would reccommend buying rechargeable batteries for the Wiimote even though I think it says not to use rechargeable batteries I haven't had any problems (yet).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

i find the wii great, i played it nearly constantly up until february. (wii bowling was my faviourite) but then i went on a class trip were alot of people ended up sick and in hostpital (including me) when i got back i was really weak, and i havnt played it that much, maybe once or twice.
    i have to get some new games...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

initially it was brilliant, zelda absorbed most of my time and wii sports was and still is a great party game. Since then not much has come out although I picked up SSX Blur and godfather and they are very good games. Godfather uses the controls very well and really makes you feel more involved. Trauma centre and Paper Mario are on my list now but mario strikers, heatseeker, Kororinpa and Madden might all get a look in.

ps: forgot to mention the hilarious Rayman Raving Rabbits... great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kyle 327

singloud wrote:
    the only problems I have are the sensor not recognising the remote and the huge amound of batteries used.
    Other than that it's great.

ok heres the problem, if your were playing tennis and you smack the ball really hard and you accidentally let go of the remote and the strap broke then it would hit TVs,people,pets,windoes, and one time a baby. I would be glad to show you this but the websight is gone.you can try and find it at wii have a problem.com :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

kyle 327 wrote:
    ok heres the problem, if your were playing tennis and you smack the ball really hard and you accidentally let go of the remote and the strap broke then it would hit TVs,people,pets,windoes, and one time a baby. I would be glad to show you this but the websight is gone.you can try and find it at wii have a problem.com :D
    They've already proven the strap can withstand alot of tension, so the people who claimed it broke were just trying to get Nintendo to reimburse them for their own stupidity.

Yeah, thats a load of ****, when playing it you don;t need to swing it like a madman, just a few spins do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Slurms wrote:
    They've already proven the strap can withstand alot of tension, so the people who claimed it broke were just trying to get Nintendo to reimburse them for their own stupidity.
    My 6 year old daughter was playing Tennis in Wii Sports, the strap broke, and the Wii remote went into the fireplace at 50mph.. And she's a delicate little flower and no stupidity involved.. Would have made a nice dent in someone's expensive TV!

Nintendo have replaced all of the straps with stronger units now anyway, so the problem shouldn't re-occur.

Back to the original subject, mine still gets powered up a couple of times a week, but it's still Zelda, Wii Sports and Wii Play (and some Mario Kart).. Still waiting for the next big game..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Wii is pretty nifty. Rayman, Wii Sports and Zelda are very, very good fun. I've been told that Warioware is excellent too. I picked up Godfather Blackhand ed. yesterday and with the Wii control system it's become my current favourite. Smacking someone's head off a wall before strangling him to within an inch of his life before kerbstomping him is just so much damn fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

been to virginia recently sarky?

Advertisement