Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting to Intel on Public transport from Dublin

• 05-05-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi!
    I am starting work in Intel (Leixlip) soon and am trying to work out how to commute there from Dublin (living in Leixlip. Maynooth etc is not an option). So basically i am just wondering if there is anybody out there who commutes to Intel every day form Dublin, and if they do then how do they get there? i have heard there is a bus from Heuston and a train from Connolly. which is more viable(given the 8am start!!)?
    thanks in advance for any help, i really appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Intel is beside Leixlip Louisa Bridge train station. Most trains from Dublin to Maynooth stop there. Have a look at www.irishrail.ie

Train far more reliable than the 66 bus which goes past Intel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

I understand Intel (& HP?) put on a free shuttle bus that intercepts some of the trains to save you the walk to their plants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Zebra3 wrote:
    Intel is beside Leixlip Louisa Bridge train station. Most trains from Dublin to Maynooth stop there. Have a look at www.irishrail.ie

"Beside" being a 10-15 minute walk. The problem with the shuttlebus is that it appears to go to HP first (i.e. away from Intel, to come back). I don't think it meets every train.

I sometimes get the 8:05am train from Leixlip Louisa Bridge and I see a lot of people walking from the train station to Intel around 7:50am, suggesting the shuttle bus does not meet trains at that time. The train probably is more reliable than the 66 bus, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭The Roach

I work in Intel myself, although I'm living in Maynooth. Your best bet by far is to catch the train from Connolly and get off at Louisa Bridge. From there it's about a 8-10 minute walk to Intel. There's a train that leaves Connolly at 07:10 and arrives at Louisa Bridge at 07.39, that would probably be you best bet. Oh yeah, the shuttlebus is useless, just ignore it!

Good luck with the job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 movingtodublin

thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated! now i must just decide where to live so that its not too far to get to connolly!
    thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement