Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheesecake

• 05-05-2007 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭

Hiyas. I want to make a baked baileys cheesecake. I've found millions of cheesecake recipes online and have no idea which one to use... Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

i have a similar such request except mine is in relation to a mixed berry cheese. i had one of these recently in the woodford bar in cork city and i thought i died and went to heaven cos never saw them before or since. if anyone knows how to make them/have a good recipe let me know!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For the Bailey's one I would suggest this recipe, with some of the cream substituted by Baileys. It might require a few experimental versions (The torment!).
    http://www.femail.com.au/traditional-baked-cheesecake.htm

For the mixed berry one, you could use the tubs of frozen fruits you can get in the supermarket and mix them in with the cheesecake mixture, though I think a mixed berry cheesecake might work better in the unbaked style, with the berries as a topping and some of the juice in the mixture..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a very simple way to make cheesecake (which i use in work) is to mash down digestive biscuits and mix with melted margerine and a little caster sugar, then, mix cream with philidelphia in a blender on the slowest setting, let it blend for about 30 - 45 mins; during this time adding the flavour you want the cheesecake to be (be it baileys, strawberry essence/fruit, etc..) to the cream/phillidelphia, after the 40 mins or so spread the topping over the base and set over night

Advertisement