Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories apparently on the way in Tomorrows Papers, Is Bertie touching up his CV?

Options
  • 05-05-2007 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?p=615765&sid=2501b308b2af57ef703d5483b640dc8c#615765

If this turns out to be true, well only God know what will happen next.
    heard an interesting story from a guy I know in the pub this evening. he works in the Government press office. He had a few drinks on board and was speaking out the side of his mouth. FF are in big trouble. jody Corcoran has info that will put bertie in the s**t big time. McDowell has this info and that is why they will have no option but to walk. This means even if FF lose ten seats bertie will no longer be a credible taoiseach and the story will break on the 25th may. No party will enter Government with Bertie at the helm so he has no options. Cowen is seriously considering asking Bertie to resign now to try and salvage the election. This is really going to heat up over the next 2 days. Bertie has even cancelled a planned visit to kildare South tomorrow. I think this is the end.
    spacer.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Sounds like cráp. Why would Cowen tell anyone about this? Why would the hack then tell someone in a pub?

Take everything you read on that forum with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I stand to collect 1300 euro if cowan is next taoiseach. :)

I had a feeling in my gut going back to last week that no one would go near FF with Ahern as taoiseach and FF would have no choice but to let cowan take over. Still wont be voting FF but a lack of faith in my fellow citizens promted me to take on the 25-1 long shot.

Cowen is just over 5/1 on Betfair now. Bertie is roughly 5/2. Enda is roughly evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep back during Bertiegate MK 1 they had Ahern resigning within hours and look what happened then.

Has anyone seen the Sindo yet, they normally have the first editions out at this stage. Would be interesting to see if they have published what they have given Herr Flick to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

This is almost a word for word re-enactment of what appeared on Politics.ie the first time the story about Bertie's dealings with Paddy the Plasterer et al came about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Well I put the word 'may' in the title for the exact reason you gave balloba, that it may well be utter crap. Actually having read it again it does sound like complete crap to me too. When I read it at first I was like am I reading this correctly, but having read it again I realised my eyes were not lying. I dont see it happening either, btw. But we will have to wait and see. I never thought that the PDs would almost certainly not be part of this government by tomorrow, so its hard to know. The rumour mill is going into overdrive at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

ballooba wrote:
    Cowen is just over 5/1.
    Yup, 2 hours after I placed the bet his odds went from 25-1 to 12-1 on boyle sports. Paddy power cut him from 16-1 to 8-1 in the space of a few hours too. I can see most parties making it a condition on forming a government with FF that bertie has to go first. Thought I might as well make my own silver lining should we get 5 more years of FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Paddy Power have suspended betting on the next Taoiseach

gandalf wrote:
    Yep back during Bertiegate MK 1 they had Ahern resigning within hours and look what happened then.

Has anyone seen the Sindo yet, they normally have the first editions out at this stage. Would be interesting to see if they have published what they have given Herr Flick to read.

I believe the Indo says that information that is significant has come to light but they can't publish it, the Mail on Sunday apparently have the story but no-one knows what they have printed yet, Frank Connolly has been building up to something imo.

The Mail is the one to watch tomorrow. The Sindo has nothing interesting.

Mail accuse Bertie of lying last thursday on the Celia story. They have seen transcripts from Mahon.

• Advertisement

From Politics.ie:
    The Mail on Sunday will tomorrow morning accuse Bertie Ahern of lying to the country last Thursday when he said the 30k was intended for Ceila Larkin.

The paper will exclusively reveal detail of transcripts they have from the Mahon tribunal which reveal that the money was intended for him, and not his then partner as he told the press on Thursday

This would appear to be the information McDowell has, how the transcripts have ended up with the Mail god only knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ito quality where does the mail rank? Cause I'll probably pick this up tomorrow if its not complete ****.

This is not the info that the Sindo has. What Jody Corcoran has are I suspect bank statements. Whatever Jody has it details a sequence of events which conflicts with Bertie's statements.

Can we merge the threads on this topic? We don't need a proliferation of Bertie threads like P.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I hate this stupid snobbery. Decide AFTER you buy the paper, and have read the piece, what its quality is.

Yea Gandalf please merge and pick a nice title for us :D Something like "Bertie is the most cunning, devious of them all" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Bateman wrote:
    I hate this stupid snobbery. Decide AFTER you buy the paper, and have read the piece, what its quality is.

Well if its just a smartened up Sun or Mirror then I don't want to read it, does that make me a bad person? Cause I don't care.

ito quality where does the mail rank? Cause I'll probably pick this up tomorrow if its not complete ****.
    It's a rag. The story would appear to carry weight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

irish1 wrote:
    From Politics.ie:

This would appear to be the information McDowell has, how the transcripts have ended up with the Mail god only knows.

Enda will be enjoying his morning papers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Well if its just a smartened up Sun or Mirror then I don't want to read it, does that make me a bad person? Cause I don't care.
    Hmmm I'm not so sure about the 'smartened up' part, really!

Nice title Gandalf :D

• Advertisement

Threads Merged.

If someone has something people are talking about, why not go out and buy it? Why ask other people for their approval? I read the IT and Indo for nothing online, buy the Guardian or the London Independent whenever I feel like it, and always take a look at the Mail in work if someone else has it. If there was something I wanted to read I wouldn't think twice about buying any paper. :rolleyes:

Nice work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Bateman wrote:
    If someone has something people are talking about, why not go out and buy it? Why ask other people for their approval? I read the IT and Indo for nothing online, buy the Guardian or the London Independent whenever I feel like it, and always take a look at the Mail in work if someone else has it. If there was something I wanted to read I wouldn't think twice about buying any paper. :rolleyes:
    If the paper is reknowned for publishing speculation and hear-say, and has no journalistic credibility, then it's not unreasonable to want to know this before you decide if you want to give money to it.

Bateman wrote:
    If there was something I wanted to read I wouldn't think twice about buying any paper. :rolleyes:
    I don't buy the Indo because I don't want to give them my money. This is all off-topic btw. Does it really matter to you if he buys the MoS or not. Do you work there or something?

OK it's o/t, and no I don't work for the MoS, but I don't like the consensus-seeking tone of the post.

Christ lads do what I do, read the story in the shops and then buy your normal Sunday's !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

gandalf wrote:
    Christ lads do what I do, read the story in the shops and then buy your normal Sunday's !!!!

So your the guy blocking the news stand every sunday morning

gandalf wrote:
    I like it. I flicked throught the herald in a shop this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Advertisement