Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Live Problem

• 05-05-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    got a 360 today, ill post my thoughts later, but im trying to set up Xbox Live, directly into my Linksys Router with the Ethernet cable, except when i run the test it fails on DNS setting, I've been over the various xbox guide forum but found nothing, really want to get crackdown going on coop, im on NTL 1mb if it makes a difference, would appreciate ne help. thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kanney wrote:
    Hey,
    got a 360 today, ill post my thoughts later, but im trying to set up Xbox Live, directly into my Linksys Router with the Ethernet cable, except when i run the test it fails on DNS setting, I've been over the various xbox guide forum but found nothing, really want to get crackdown going on coop, im on NTL 1mb if it makes a difference, would appreciate ne help. thank you.
    i heard the other day that you have to tell NTL that you are using XBOX Live. Don't know if it is true or not though, heard from a mate in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Anyone got confirmation on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

No, that's not true (you don't need to tell them).

Check this page Kanney:
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/troubleshootliveconnection-testdns.htm

No luck, really can't see how it isnt working,I get an IP address but no DNS.

Anyone on MSN that might be able to help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Turn off all the hardware.. NTL modem, Router and Xbox
    Wait about 10 secs..
    Turn on the hardware in the following sequence:
    - NTL Modem
    - Router

• Advertisement

Found the problem, it had to do with the MAC adresses. Anyone needs a detailed description of me fixing it (like u have the same problem) just PM Me. Thanks guys, just played it for a sec then took the 360 back to my room, will get a wireless adapter tomorrow. MS one.

Sorry to double post but thought it would be better to post in a topic than a new one. Is it right if playing over Xbox Live actually completely makes my PC internet inoperable. You pretty much can't access the internet all bandwidth taken. Im on NTL 1MB. Now I have to make sure no one is on the PC while I am on Xbox Live, which sucks cos my bro is a WOW obsessive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

me and my friend are gettin this i hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

you could setup some QoS if the router supports should sort it out.

Advertisement