Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair Weather Recipes

• 06-05-2007 1:32am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Since we're at the start of the summer, I thought we could post up recipes for things you enjoy to eat at this warmer time of year.

To get the ball rolling I give to you my granny's ice-cream recipe. It's really, really easy and delicious but as it involves raw eggs I would advise using free-range or organic for preference.

Ice Cream:
    2 large eggs (size 1) or 3 small eggs
    60g icing sugar
    500ml cream
    3 dessertsps of chocolate powder (Cadbury's hot chocolate powder is best)

1) Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the icing sugar very well.

2) Whip up the cream. Whip up the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.

3) Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolk and sugar mix. Add the chocolate powder to taste.

4) Carefully fold in the stiff egg whites.

5) Deep freeze for 4-5 hrs. Remember to stir the mix after the first half hour to ensure the chocolate is well mixed through and not just sitting on the bottom of the tub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Fried fish, still-warm bread, salad, lemon and white wine.

Not much of a recipe but still good-to-go for the dog days that loom ahead of us.

Advertisement