Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi GTO Head unit replacement

Options
  • 06-05-2007 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 859 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me locate an adapter for a head unit in a 91' Mitsubishi GTO. Its an import so its not a 3000GT, though that doesn't make any difference. The size of the head unit is roughly four inches, standard japanese size, double DIN. There are adapters available, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks!
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

my dad has this problem aswell with his 94 gto.I tried ebay and a few english websites but didnt come up with much i don't really know where to find one either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Halfords have loads of adapters. I'm sure you could find one there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Any audio shop should have one,just ask for a standard DIN blanking plate,it'l clip in to cover the open spot €15/20 max

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You'll find plenty of double DIN stereos for sale on ebay or by just googling them. No matter what you do you'll probably have to get the proper mounting brackets off mitsubishi - assuming they went missing along with the stereo like all jap imports. Once you have the mounting brackets you can put a standard stereo in the bottom slot and a blanking plate in the top slot. You might be able to find a DIN sized tray to put in there that could be a handy place to put your mobile.

If you want to be more ambitious you could fill both slots with ICE. I've a PC/DVD player in the bottom slot a motorised folding tft touchscreen in the top slot. I hear it's relatively cheap to get a DVD and tft screen combo installed nowadays. The DVD player will also play your audio/MP3 CDs/DVDs.

Off topic : What does the GTO handle like? I breifly considered buying one but I heard the handling was ****e. After getting a insurance quote of 5,000 on a Supra Turbo I didn't even bother looking so never got to test drive one.

Advertisement