Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a drain moved

Options
  • 06-05-2007 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

The kitchen sink in my place empties into a drain that itself empties (or doesn't, rather) into a soakaway. I need to get this rerouted so it empties into a working drain.

Anyone know where I'd find a good, reasonably priced builder to do this?

My neighbours are getting work done by Polish and Romanian builders, but before I let them get my hands on the drain, I'd like to know how to judge what's a good qualification in those countries. Obviously I'd prefer to use someone who's gone through the equivalent of City & Guilds.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

i would need to see your property but sounds to me like all you need to do is get the soakaway working. Shouldn't be too difficult. What type of house do you live in - is it terraced, semi-d, detached or what? Maybe you just have a blockage in the gully where the kitchen pipe goes into. No need to do re routing of pipes as you only need to fix the gully / soakaway.

Advertisement