Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bored Yet?

Options
  • 06-05-2007 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find themselves in my position... I am BORED at study, seem to have everything I need pretty much covered and revised 100 times at this stage, and really just want to DO the exam NOW and be free, the thought of another month makes it seem like ages away stilll... I guess it's better than having to cram it all, but it makes starting really difficult... :o

Sick of Study?? 25 votes

Y
    0% 0 votes
    N
    100% 25 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I wanted to sit the exam about a month ago. It's so tedious going over the same material again and again. Of course, on the other hand, there won't be any of that in college which will make it more difficult to achieve high marks but meh, at least it will be more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

I'm SERIOUSLY bored everytime I try to study.....but unlike you 2 its not from over-study.I'm just studying the stuff for the first time and its still SO DAMN BORING!!!ARGHHH!!!****ing Leaving Cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I've been bored since janurary but not because of study. I just want it over and done with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

im starting to get bored now since last week!! not finished all the courses yet, mind you...but nearly there!! and i need to do loads more study but...
    Bring on the exams i say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I have my history book on the table downstairs since like 10, but ive just been watching stuff on youtube all morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

It is too sunny to study recently and I am soooo tired.
    I want to do the exams now just to get them over with, but I still kinda need to revise my entire biology course....if we ever finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Depends which subject. Accounting...yeah, I'm sick of seeing the same questions. History, fair enough its different titles, but its still essays. I like the good feeling from getting a Maths thing right, so I dont mind that. English and Irish are non-existant. Kinda bored of physics too. French could be worse, but i like it. Still voted yes though

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

I wanted to vote no, just to be special, but Id be lying!!

Im soo sick of all this studying crap...I would do the exams next week and just take whatever course Im given, thants how much Im fed up with it all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Good to see I'm not the only one... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

isnt boards such a lovely distraction...i just got started on an essay about local radio in the lives of the local public...riveting stuff, but i just had to tear myself away for a check up on this thing...

imagine how how well we'd all be doing if the time we all spent on the computer was spent doing something constructive...like studying....how perfect the world would be....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Tbh I'm finding it very hard to believe that the Leaving Cert is starting this day next month. Consider what little time has elapsed between April 6th and today! In a way I am getting bored with the constant study. But the more work I put in, the more confident I'll be when June 6th comes around so I shant complain

lilmizzme wrote:
    spent on the computer was spent doing something constructive...like studying....how perfect the world would be....:p

Tell me about it.
    "I'll just go on boards for two seconds to check something and then I'll go and do two more hours of homework."
    An hour later: "Right, two more minutes now and then I'll go back."
    I'm sooo lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I've been on and off this all day, I've only done half a maths questions lol! oops...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its a Sunday...the Championship was finishing with a tight finish for the title and the playoffs beckoning. Nobody can begrudge me my two french comprehensions,6 maths questions, and history document question. for a sunday, I'm surprised. It normally consists of a 6 hour history essay(5 hrs 20 mins of which are breaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

md99 wrote:
    Anyone else find themselves in my position... I am BORED at study, seem to have everything I need pretty much covered and revised 100 times at this stage, and really just want to DO the exam NOW and be free, the thought of another month makes it seem like ages away stilll... I guess it's better than having to cram it all, but it makes starting really difficult... :o

Oh poor you getting bored with study after you have everything covered. :rolleyes:

I would say some people get bored after the first few minutes and then cram like hell the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

lilmizzme wrote:
    imagine how how well we'd all be doing if the time we all spent on the computer was spent doing something constructive...like studying....how perfect the world would be....:p
    I'm trying to put my boredom/inertnet addiction to a bit of use and try to do just that! I'm typing all my notes up in a wiki (zulunotes.com), come join me, won't you!? To be honest, with maths i'm almost tempted to write up the exam questions relevant to each topic and write out some LaTeX solutions for them! (brushing up on maths and an internet script - double nerd points!! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Selphie wrote:
    Tell me about it.
    "I'll just go on boards for two seconds to check something and then I'll go and do two more hours of homework."
    An hour later: "Right, two more minutes now and then I'll go back."
    I'm sooo lazy.

Its a pain that affects us all :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

<off-topic>LaTeX FTW!!!</off-topic>
    I was wondering how you were going to handle the math symbols... wouldn't it be simpler to just get a plugin for the wiki? Anywho, nice work, hopefully I'll get around to putting some stuff up myself soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Yes, I am sick to the teeth of all this Leaving cert lark.
    I have been bored for the last year and a half.
    Its been a long time coming, but the mandatory school sentance of life is nearing an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I wouldn't say bored, no. More ****ting meself at this stage...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say bored, no. More ****ting meself at this stage...

Do what I do.
    Keep saying "I have four whole weeks. I have a whole month."
    You can do well in a month. Just try and keep it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Not too bad actually. I just need top work on my irish . STUPID NEW CRAPPY IRISH TEACHER. Now I will actually have to do a fair bit of work to get my C in irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Bored? Nah. I haven't overstudied throughout the year, meaning nothing's too repetitive. Next few weeks are going to be one big cramming session.

I'm cutting back on internet big time. This could be my last post on boards for a week.....

Advertisement