Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i need help fixing a windows problem!

• 06-05-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

i am not a windows user (i live on macs). there is a problem with my mum's windows which i don't know how to solve; anytime i minimise a window it seems to move down to the task bar and then disappears! it's very annoying when your files disappear :( any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

After it vanishes from the taskbar if you press Alt-Tab does the program appear in the box to cycle though ?

Edit: Fix is here on Kellys Korner go down to number 240 download and run it that should hopefully correct it, if it doesn't might be something else is the cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

google for something called xp taskbar fix. It should help your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

thanks a million you guys! shall do now!

erm, i downloaded the vbs file to sort the problem, but it won't open. am i meant to put it somewhere in particular? i'm clueless on this! thx again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The vbs is a script if anti-virus software is running in the background it may be preventing it from running (down worry the script is safe) but to let it run you might have to temporarily disable the anti-virus scanner.

• Advertisement

i wasn't able to get that script working at all; it said i didn't have what i needed to open it. anyhow, i googled the problem again and found a solution which worked.

if anyone finds this post looking for an answer http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/2c661f9eb1f6a60a?hl=en&lr= has it!

Advertisement