Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Ireland purchase the....

• 06-05-2007 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), commonly called Star Wars ?...

Sorry in light of another MBT & FIGHTER JET thread I couldn't resist this one.

Plus just coming off a 24hr duty and groggy/giddy & full of coffee..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Maskhadov

Shouldnt have to purchase it. The states will provide it for free for anyone in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Mairt wrote:
    The Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), commonly called Star Wars ?.....

Why not? Maybe the Yanks will throw in a few of those X-Wing fighters which we can use to shoot down the plane loads of terrorists posing as immigrants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

Or how about a couple of those space age Japanese bubble hotel rooms for the stand?

Or hell, why don't we just rent the USMC twice a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Mick86 wrote:
    Why not? Maybe the Yanks will throw in a few of those X-Wing fighters which we can use to shoot down the plane loads of terrorists posing as immigrants.

Forget the terrorists. There's aliens about too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

Forget the terrorists. There's aliens about too!

The Jedi will take care of the aliens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

Mick86 wrote:
    The Jedi will take care of the aliens.
    Honestly, always saying we should rely on those Jedi!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,340 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The country doesn't have to buy it, I've got a system that'll do grand in my shed that I built last summer but never got around to using. Sure if it's for the good of the country I'll donate it. The elastic bands might need replacing though, I think some of them have perished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Judt wrote:
    Honestly, always saying we should rely on those Jedi!

On second thoughts, maybe we could buy some Alien technology for the new NS Fleet Air Arm of Mystery and Destruction of People who look at us the wrong way?

earth_vs_3.jpg

An artist's impression of our new flagship and aforementioned technology

Advertisement