Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonell Douglas MD-90

Options
  • 06-05-2007 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well I'm off ti Iceland in June to see Cork City FC take on FC Valur in the Intertoto Cup and I'm travelling with a group of friends through Stansted and onto Rekyavik with Iceland Express.

Being an aircarft enthusiast I of course looked up on their fleet!

Two MD-90's.....

I've never been in one of these before nor used one on a simulator so I'm looking forward to it.

Has anyone here flew in one and if so what is it like? Is there anything I should look out for on it that may interest me?

I'm so sick of all airlines with stade 737's and A320's that it's nice to be getting into something a little different now!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

http://www.pmstone.com/AircraftIndex1.htm

Courtesy of PC clancy

There's an MD90 in there

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wikipedia is your friend.

I've flown on Delta MD-90s. Nice enough plane, especially if you're forward of the engines - they can be a little noisy at the back with the engines directly attached to the fuselage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Love the Noise!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Been on MD82/80 quite a few times . Get as far forward as you can and then it's one of the most comfortable/quiet jets around. Get near the back , nightmare !

It comes from the old DC9, in fact it used to be called the DC9-80/82 , but I suppose the 90 is the later one .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Sounds cool lads. Thansk for all the links etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

If it is anything like the MD80/82 sitting at back beside engine is unbearable.
    Made the mistake of getting window seat right at back on Finnair MD 80/82.
    Sat from Dublin to Helsinki with no window but engine other side of fueslage and let me tell you it is damm noisy.
    Apart from that nice aircraft.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't forget they have 5 seats across, have a look on the web to see the seat numbers

and yes they are very noisy near the engines - but lots of seats ahead of the wings at the front so much better view than on most.

Advertisement