Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending an Irish gift to a friend: ideas?

• 06-05-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm sending a gift to a friend in the States. He says he wants "something Irish", whatever that might be.

I was thinking about a good book (he's a literati), Loach's The Wind that Shakes The Barley on DVD -- but, with Internet and so on, he could easily get that stuff himself.

Can anyone help me out here? I live in Dublin. Any good, quirky shops that might have anything cool (and small)? I was thinking about a fanzine, but couldn't find them anywhere; that comics shop on the quay didn't have any. Mongrel, maybe? Has to be post-able. Help! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

What about smoked salmon - you'll have to be sure of quick delivery though...

Or then again, maybe send him some clay from the Tara valley - seeing as its soon going to be concreted over anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok, I done something like that recently and wanted to avoid Carroll's shops. So I found a little gem of a shop on Lord Edward St called 'The Irish Celtic Craft shop', next door to Kinley hostel.

I sent over a trinket box, it was for a female friend. Some Guinness truffles and a few smaller items from the shop. And from Dunne's, a box of Lyon's Irish tea!!.

Check out that shop above, it beats the usual run of the mill ol' rubbish in Carrolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

someting Irsh.....turf, a pathetic government or over priced consumor items

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If he likes a fry, galtee do this thing where they send all the indgredients needed for a proper irish fryup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ASend him seeds for official irish shamrocks, just saw some in Avoca. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Avoca chocolates - yum. Best gift ever in my opinion.

You could give them a subscription to the irish times online! Loads of people living abroad seem to appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Send him some election posters... plenty of them knocking about. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

www.movillepottery.com

Hand-thrown Mug with his name / nickname on it.

Advertisement